Senior Financial Crime Manager
Hybrid – Swindon
Competitive Salary + Annual Bonus and Benefits
Edenred PayTech is now hiring for a Senior Financial Crime Manager to join our Fincrime Team.
The role of the Financial Crime Senior Manager is to support PPT’s strategy by providing an effective deterrent and zero tolerance defence against fraud/AML. This will cover the entire life cycle of the customer journey from initial onboarding through to offboarding and submitting suspicious activity reports.
The Financial Crime Senior Manager will understand the methods and risks of fraud, its impact on financial crime performance. Have the ability and experience to in reviewing, interpreting, communicating, and applying AML/CTF legislation, regulations, rules, and guidance.
The Financial Crime Senior Manager will be responsible for developing and managing a dedicated team and leveraging the expertise of other internal subject matter experts to ensure PPT’s systems and controls are robust and resilient to meet and address both existing and emerging risks.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Proactively gather insights and intelligence relating to new and evolving forms of fraud and fraud prevention, tools, intelligence, and techniques to ensure that we continually enhance the protection of the business by embedding controls into our products and workflows
* Proactively analyse trends, data, events, and transactions to identify financial crime risks
* Produce insightful reports with clear financial crime performance measures and business cases for change
* Work closely with all areas of the business to deliver effective products and tools to mitigate financial crime risks
* Complete quality assurance, ensuring case levels are of high standards, provide feedback to 1LoD when necessary
* Present findings of assurance work to bring about change and continuous improvement in terms of efficiencies, providing potential solutions and follow through to implementation
* Provide training, support and guidance to the Financial Crime team and Agents
* Capture meaningful insight from Agents to ensure PPS controls are efficient and effective
* Contribute to various compliance projects the company is working on
* Experience using SQL and data visualisation tools to extract and analyse data and drive fraud strategy changes
* Create and maintain robust policies, procedures and internal controls process and ensuring their consistent implementation across the organisation
* Perform qualitative analysis of results and ensure accuracy and report findings in a consistent and robust manner to the governance committee
* Work collaboratively with operational areas to drive resolution of gaps identified
* Ensure direct reports deliver results and support to the KPIs or deadlines
* Function as deputy to the Head of Financial Crime
Core skills & behaviours:
* At least five years’ experience of working in a regulated payment or financial organization
* Degree-level education
* Experience of managing and implementing control frameworks
* Flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into workable solutions for Agents and PPS
* Experience of working under pressure, in an ever changing and challenging environment
* Understanding of FCA rules and regulations
* Proven experience in implementing and reviewing processes and controls to identify weaknesses
* Strong people development and management skills
* Promote culture of compliance and excellence within the organisation
* A strong leader of people
* Proven experience of bringing about transformational change
* Enthusiastic about providing training and supporting people excel within the organisation
* Honesty, integrity, and openness
Why Edenred Paytech?
We are a subsidiary of the Edenred group and a Mastercard Principal Member, and an FCA Electronic Money Institution, offering a range of cutting-edge services including Payment Processing, UK and SEPA banking solutions, BIN sponsorship, and eWallet provisions. We work with various clients across Challenger Banking (Monese, Tide, Anytime, and more), Corporate Benefits (Fuel cards, restaurant tickets), and Retail and Travel services (Sainsbury’s, TUI, Argos).
As an Edenred Paytech employee, you will get the support and structure that you need to enjoy your work and develop your career while doing what you love and making a difference in a fast-paced and innovative business.
What you will get:
25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
Hybrid working environment with 3 days per week in the office (flexibility on role-by-role basis)
Life insurance (4x salary)
Wellbeing Employee Assistance Program (extended access to family members)
Employee discount shopping platform
Digital learning platform Complimentary fruit and other ‘in-office’ snacks & refreshments
Pension Scheme – employer 6% with minimum employee contribution 3%
Discretionary bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
Holiday trading scheme (buy or sell up to 5 days)
Medical & international travel cover (leisure and action sports)
Monthly gym allowance
Employee referral bonus scheme
Season ticket loan
Cycle to Work scheme
Edenred UK and PPS are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
Edenred PayTech and Payment Solutions maintain a strict preferred supplier list (PSL), which is managed centrally by our Talent Acquisition Lead. The PSL is reviewed on a yearly basis, and we will not accept unsolicited CVs submitted from any supplier outside of the PSL. If an unsolicited CV is subsequently hired, we will not accept liability for any fees incurred. We ask you refrain from contacting our hiring managers directly with profiles, and all requests for engagement are made to our careers email
Senior Financial Crime Manager