AML Operations TM Analyst
As a Barclays AML Operations TM Analyst, you will support various AML processes, which might include suspicious activity investigations and reporting, sanctions and politically exposed persons screening, and other AML related processes. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively and closely with management to ensure critical functions are fulfilled timely and accurately. In addition, you will be responsible for coordinating efforts with Team Leaders while ensuring visibility for the Head of AML Operations.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Reviewing system generated alerts to assess presence of illicit activity
• Conducting research as required, document detailed results in written format and determine if further escalation is needed
• Reviewing PEP and Sanction alerts for potential matches and conduct research as required
• Completing follow-up reviews on activity that was previously reported as suspicious
• Being responsible for identifying trends and report to management
• Completing other applicable AML processes in accordance with regulations and time limitations
What we’re looking for:
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Bachelor’s Degree – Preferably in Business, Accounting, Management, Finance, Criminal Justice, Fraud Prevention, or Homeland Security
• General knowledge of BSA AML rules and regulations
• Ability to adapt and move quickly without sacrificing quality
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.