At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch’s ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Associate Director – Regulatory Compliance (North America)
Fitch Ratings is actively seeking an Associate Director level candidate to join the Regulatory Compliance team to be based in New York or Chicago.
The Regulatory Compliance team is responsible for acting as the primary point of contact with Fitch Ratings’ regulators, and managing the inquiry and examination process. It is also responsible for making regulatory submissions, filings, notifications and disclosures to regulators. It further addresses compliance-related questions and issues from staff, and provides advice in enhancing policies, procedures and controls. Lastly, it is responsible for analyzing, investigating and handling conduct-related complaints and internal incidents.
Regulatory Compliance is divided into four regional teams: North America; Latin America; Europe Africa & Middle East; and Asia Pacific. The successful candidate will join the Regulatory Compliance North America (“NAM”) team, and will have a reporting line into the NAM Head of Regulatory Compliance, who is based in Chicago.
The individual will work closely with their Regulatory Compliance colleagues in New York and in the other Regions, along with Legal, Business Relationship Management, Operations, Human Resources and other internal support and control functions. They will gain an understanding of both Fitch Ratings’ business and operations, and the rules and regulations under which the agency operates.
What We Offer:
- The Compliance Department’s mission is to deliver a proactive, globally harmonized but locally anchored compliance risk management program designed to facilitate delivery of high-quality rating products in a manner that meets regulatory expectations, industry best practices and our core values of objectivity, independence, integrity and transparency.
- Compliance is comprised of four main teams: Regulatory Compliance, Personal Conflicts Monitoring, Compliance Testing & Monitoring and Compliance Data, Systems & Metrics.
We’ll Count on You To:
- Providing advice and guidance to line of business, operational and other support/control functions as to Fitch Ratings’ compliance with credit rating agency laws, rules and regulations in the US and Canada, as well as with the IOSCO Code of Conduct Fundamentals for Credit Rating Agencies;
- Conducting internal reviews and investigations designed to analyze and resolve internal incidents, and complaints from third parties, relating to a breach of a law, rule regulation or internal compliance requirement, and coordinating and reporting on the Compliance Department’s incident and complaint handling process globally;
- Participating in (or leading) global projects or initiatives designed to enhance the compliance control environment;
- Supporting, as needed, the SEC and OSC examination and inquiry process;
- Supporting, as needed, Fitch Ratings’ regulatory filing obligations to the SEC and OSC;
- Participating in Compliance Risk Assessments and Operational Risk Assessments; and
- Developing strong, positive and constructive relationships with regulators, Compliance colleagues and other internal stakeholders.
What You Need to Have:
- This position will suit a professional and dynamic individual who has strong experience of working in compliance within the financial services sector, and who is a motivated, self-sufficient individual, with a high degree of autonomy. In particular, the successful candidate will possess or demonstrate the following:
- Experience in supporting the regulatory or compliance programs of large, multi-mational, financial services firms or credit rating agencies, or previous experience working in credit ratings environment (or similiar regulator-supervised sectors)
- Required: Undergraduate degree
- Required: Native-level proficiency in the English language, with exceptional verbal, writing, editing and interpersonal skills. Additional language skills a strong plus
- Required: The ability to effectively present themselves and represent Compliance in meetings with the Board, President, senior management and regulators of Fitch Ratings
- Required: Experience in analyzing, interpreting and advising on regulatory requirements, with strong knowledge of the securities laws and/or CRA laws in the United States
- A high level of independence, energy and integrity, with a respect for, and an understanding of, a diversity of opinions, styles and cultures
- A collaborative approach to project delivery and achieving results, with the ability to interact, influence, and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work under pressure while paying close attention to details, with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize high volume, high priority initiatives, in line with meeting regulatory and/or reporting deadlines in a timely fashion
What Would Make You Stand Out:
- Legal qualifications and international experience would be advantageous
- Experience in supporting the regulatory or compliance programs of large, multi-national, financial services firms or credit rating agencies, or previous experience working in a credit ratings environment (or other similar regulator-supervised sectors)
At Fitch Group, the combined power of our global perspectives is what differentiates us. Our global network of colleagues comes together to accomplish things greater than they ever could alone.
Every team member is essential to our business and each perspective is critical to our success. We embrace a diverse culture that encourages a free exchange of ideas, guaranteeing your voice will be heard and your work will have an impact, regardless of seniority.
We are building incredible things at Fitch and we invite you to join us on our journey.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
FOR NEW YORK AND CALIFORNIA ROLES ONLY: Expected base pay rates for the role will be between $95,000 and $100,000. Actual salaries will be determined on an individualized basis and may vary based on factors including but not limited to education, training, experience, past performance, and other job-related factors. Base pay is one part of Fitch’s total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, long-term incentives, and other benefits sponsored by Fitch.
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.