Are you an innovative problem solver? Do you want to make a difference in your community by examining digital devices to obtain vital evidence?
Wiltshire Police are recruiting for a Data Forensic Investigator in our South West Forensics collaboration.
This is a key role within the department supporting, enhancing and creating new avenues of investigation for Officers and helping to bring offenders to justice. In this role you will be part of a fast paced team dealing with the interrogation of a wide range of computers in order to obtain the best evidence possible for a wide variety of criminal cases. On a typical day you will be analysing computers and mobile devices and liaising with a broad range of Police officers, staff and outside organisations.
In this role your main responsibilities will be:
• Providing efficient and effective technical support to Data Forensics and ensure compliance with Force policies and procedures.
• To effectively monitor and manage the receipt and return of Digital Forensic submissions (computers, phones other data/image mediums) maintaining administrative systems to ensure their integrity and continuity of evidence.
• Evaluating and triaging submissions against offence, risk, proportionality to the investigation and procurement cost to the Force.
• Assisting in the forensic examination of exhibits and data held within. Log media submitted, create electronic files, examine CD and DVD evidence and make recommendations.
• To undertake the examination of all removable media received in the unit and to assist with digital evidence recovery of computers in terms of initial acquisition.
• Managing all material in accordance with the Criminal Procedures and Investigation Act 1996 (CPIA) concerning the destruction and storage of all Regional Force images.
• Acting in the capacity of receptionist for visitors to the unit, including dealing with access control and maintaining the unit’s appointments calendar.
• Monitoring storage levels within the Unit and manage the supply of laptops and equipment etc.
• Liaising with specialist companies for the acquisition of software and hardware equipment and specialist training providers.
Please refer to the link below and attachments for more information about this role and if you have have any questions or would like to have an informal discussion please contact: James Trigo, Data Forensic Team Leader – email: james.trigo@Wiltshire.police.uk
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 5 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.
To apply for this job please visit gbr01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com.