At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Integrated Evidence Generation (IEG) Senior Epidemiologist Inflammation & Immunology (m/f/d)
The Integrated Evidence Generation (IEG) Senior Epidemiologist (m/f/d) Inflammation & Immunology is responsible to specify, refine and solve research questions to address business challenges in partnership with IEG leads as part of a cross-functional team. The incumbent (m/f/d) will ensure end to end delivery of high-quality research including identification of fit for purpose data sources, definition of optimal methodological approach, study design and execution as well as timely dissemination and communication of results.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define research questions: Collaborate in shaping relevant research questions according to Integrated Evidence Generation (IEG) plan, aimed at addressing business challenges
- Study design and execution: Support the feasibility assessment, design and execution of observational studies in close collaboration with IEG functional groups (including but not limited to natural history of disease, treatment pathways, comparator studies, and post-marketing safety as well as comparative effectiveness studies)
- Epidemiological expertise: Provide epidemiological perspectives, expertise and recommendations in identification and design of observational studies, hybrid (interventional/non interventional) studies such as pragmatic trials, studies incorporating multiple data sources linkages and digital tools, patient preferences, etc.
- Provide input on epidemiological activities/studies relevant to benefit risk management plans (RMP), clinical development submissions, other drug development and regulatory-related activities
- Provide critical review of relevant published medical and epidemiological literature and, when needed, utilizing databases directly to answer queries in a timely manner
- Data source and method assessment: Identify epidemiology methods, relevant data sources and assess utility/suitability for observational studies in collaboration with IEG Data Science, Research & Analytics, IEG Study Operations and IEG Partnerships
- Internal expertise: Act as Bayer’s internal expert on epidemiological topics to address needs from a broad customer base, including but not limited to Research, Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs, PV, Medical Affairs, Market Access, and Commercial
- Scientific communication: Contribute to scientific publications and presentations on epidemiological observational research activities and studies as well as present and communicate study plans and results to appropriate audiences
WHO YOU ARE
- Medical degree and/or a Life Sciences degree with a post-graduate qualification in Epidemiology (MSc, MPH or PhD) or a Life Science degree with a PhD in Epidemiology
- Long-term experience in epidemiology and pharmacoepidemiology of which must have been ideally in industry, a regulatory agency (e.g., EMA or FDA) or a public health/academic institution with strong links to industry
- Understanding of the entire drug development process and life cycle management
- Experienced in ODHSI analytical approach based on OMOP common data model
- Application of in-depth medical knowledge and expertise in the design, initiation and conduct of clinical-epidemiological studies, evidence generation activities and medical benefit-risk assessments
- Demonstrable ability to design, direct and complete epidemiological observational research projects is required
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to apply statistical and epidemiological methodology in research projects
- Strong oral and written skills, including presentations and publications in English
WHAT WE OFFER
- We ensure your financial stability through a competitive compensation package, consisting of an attractive base pay, our performance based company bonus and a global, equity-based cash plan with a four-year duration
- Whether it’s hybrid work models or part-time arrangements: Whenever it is possible, you will have the flexibility to work how, when and where it is best for you
- Your family is a top priority. We offer loving company daycare centers at multiple locations, support in finding childcare, time off for the care of elderly or dependent family members, summer camps for children, and much more
- We support your professional growth by providing access to learning and development opportunities, training programs through the Bayer Learning Academy, development dialogues, as well as coaching and mentoring programs
- We promote health awareness and opportunities for selfcare through various measures, such as free health checks with the company doctor and our health platform #machfit
- We embrace diversity by providing an inclusive work environment in which you are welcomed, supported, and encouraged to bring your whole self to work
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 802196