Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
Apply ProfHire at https://www.profhire.com/login/signup
- Applicants must visit the website of our Adjunct hiring partner, ProfHire at https://www.profhire.com/login/signup.
- There are a few steps to create a ProfHire profile. Under “If you are applying to teach a specific course or for a specific job, indicate that here“: please list Alliant and the specific course or job for which you are applying.
- All individuals interested in being considered for an Adjunct position, now or in the future, must submit the following items:
- Transcript (of your highest degree obtained), and
- Three (3) professional references
The California School of Forensic Studies (CSFS) at Alliant International University is dedicated to graduating rigorously educated and trained professionals who impact society, public opinion, and policy by applying forensic behavioral science in the service of preventing, investigating, and mitigating conflict and violence.
CSFS programs share a common approach to education and training: effectively adapting theoretical principles to real-world situations, and supporting students to strengthen their professional identities as ethical, effective, and compassionate forensic practitioners.
CSFS offers a PhD in Psychology, Public Policy, and Law, a Master of Science in Forensic Behavioral Science, and a Master of Science in Forensic Leadership and Administration. Through our Violence and Safety Institute, we also offer Advanced Practice Certificates (APCs) for those who want to expand their knowledge and skills.
The current APC portfolio includes:
- Advanced Situational Awareness and Safety
- Conflict Resolution and Peace Studies
- Criminal Behavior
- Forensic Linguistics
- Forensic Victimology
- Fundamentals of Correctional Psychology
- Fundamentals of Correctional Psychology with Assessment
- Fundamentals of Military and Veterans Psychology
- Fundamentals of Police Psychology
- Police Psychology for Licensed Practitioners
- Professional Protection & Security
- Professional Security Management
- RESPOND: Law Enforcement-Mental Health Response Team
- TeleMental Health
- Threat Assessment and Management
- Threat Management Investigations
- Trial Consulting
All programs are delivered remotely.
You can learn more about CSFS by visiting the Alliant web site at https://www.alliant.edu/forensics. If you are interested in joining our team of experts or have other questions about our program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting Salary: $38 hourly.
CSFS continually seeks subject matter experts to join our cadre of adjunct faculty. The following are the duties, responsibilities, skills and qualifications that Alliant requires from applicants for an Adjunct professor position:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitating Classroom and Distance/Distributed Learning
- Course and syllabus preparation
- Class curriculum coordination and planning
- Assessment and evaluation of learners
- Mentoring and advising of students
- Holding office hours and meeting with students
- Research/scholarship mentoring and supervision,
- Proficient computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
- The ability to explain complex requirements in clear and concise terms
- The ability to be flexible with workflow to meet the needs of the department and students and to manage multiple tasks per required deadlines
- The drive to encourage, direct, hold accountable and guide studentss toward task completion.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as an effective team member and develop trusting relationships with students and Alliant employees, as well as various academic departments.
- Culturally competent and ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse people.
- Highly motivated, focused and student-centered.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal interactions, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Collaboration and partnering with other university stakeholders to support student success.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Education: This may vary depending upon the needs of the course being taught. Degree courses will require instructor's have a Master's or Doctoral degree in their area of specialization or expertise. Certificate courses may require instructor's with expertise in their field, with graduate degrees perferred, but not required.
- Experience: Appropriate experience in the areas(s) of specialization and expertise.
- Certifications, Licenses, etc.: As required by program.
Background Check Requirements:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants. This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 92131
Job ID: 159042