Additional Location(s): N/A
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong background in real-world evidence (RWE) and health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) who also combines a strategic business mindset. As a member of the Urology business unit's Strategic Health Economics and Market Access (HEMA) team, you will play a pivotal role in effectively disseminating HEMA research to inform decision-making and shape the patient access landscape. Your responsibilities will include leading the dissemination of clinical, health economics, and RWE, as well as developing and implementing research, market access, policy, and reimbursement activities in close collaboration with cross-functional teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
Pain-Franchise Evidence Dissemination (50%)
- Support Urology’s business objectives by leading the dissemination strategy of key HEMA publications focusing on RWE, including but not limit to evidence from administrative claims data analyses, and HEOR in partnership with Global Portfolio Leads, HEMA
- Accurately and effectively convey key findings and messages from available evidence to relevant healthcare stakeholders with the collaboration with cross-functional and/or cross-regional teams, including field HEMA, global value and outcomes (GVOs), product marketing, corporate communication, integrated communication, and digital marketing teams.
- Lead the development of HEMA tools, including a pager, slide presentation, and customer-facing tools for internal and external stakeholders to effectively disseminate findings from HEMA publications or reimbursement/market access materials.
- Manage HEMA evidence claims matrix to ensure consistent use of HEMA publication messaging across commercial activities.
Proactive HEMA Evidence Strategy (30%)
- Explore the feasibility of potential HEMA research ideas, including but not limit to clinical for evidence execution or HEMA tool development.
- Lead or collaborate with the HEMA Analytic and/or Corporate HEOR teams to develop HEMA evidence projects aimed at supporting market access and the adoption of Boston Scientific's key therapies, leading to peer-reviewed publications. These publications may include scientific abstracts, podium or poster presentations, and manuscripts.
Market Access and/or Policy Research and Execution (20%)
- Track and analyze evolving scientific research and changing landscape within the field of Urology, including emerging evidence of competitive products to identify opportunities for proactive HEMA evidence generation strategy development and effective communications to internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with HEMA analysts on data-driven projects related to the changing local and national policy and reimbursement landscape, as well as market opportunities, disease, and technology trends. The objective is to identify business opportunity areas to enhance patient access and HEMA evidence strategy.
- Collaborate with Global Portfolio Leads, HEMA, the Field Market Access and Payer Relations team, as well as urology key opinion leaders in developing a health policy strategy to address the current limitations on patient access to medically necessary care for urologic conditions.
- Advanced degree (Ph.D., Pharm.D., or equivalent) or Master's degree (M.S., M.P.H., or equivalent) w/ 2+ years of work experience in health policy, health economics, outcomes research, public health, healthcare administration, health services research, or a similar discipline.
- Work experience in medical industry, including medical device, pharmaceutical, consulting or biotechnology companies or with government agencies, such as Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) or a similar agency
- Experience in leading HEOR or RWE research development from inception to peer-reviewed publications, employing various methodologicall approaches such as patient preference, administrative claims data analyses, and health economics modeling.
- Understanding of global and US healthcare reimbursement, policy, advocacy, and market access landscapes.
- Ability to translate and simplify technical and research findings from peer-reviewed publications into simplified, compelling messages for different healthcare stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience developing interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders across multiple functional areas.
- Demonstrate leadership and project management skills in driving innovative process improvements, collaborating with colleagues to effect change without formal authority.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as advancing initiatives independently in a fast-paced, matrix environment while being flexible to address competing priorities.
- Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment.
- Domestic travel estimated at 15%, including overnight travel.
- Successful experience in effectively overseeing and adapting evidence dissemination strategies within new and rapidly changing organizational environments.
- Experience working on research or initiatives and clinical knowledge of urologic conditions, including erectile dysfunction, women’s health, prostate cancer, kidney stones, and benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Demonstrated success in advocating for and influencing healthcare policy changes at state or federal levels, with the ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders.
Requisition ID: 572297
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a prohibited substance free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company’s policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.