Job Title: Fraud Investigator
Location: Malvern, PA
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible to review the Daily assigned tasks.
- Leads and implements fraud prevention detection investigation and response activities for fraud and enterprise security programs and activities including assessments risk prioritization, mitigation, planning and execution consistent with law regulations standards and guidelines unique to countries localities.
- Identifies reports and assists with any large scale fraud events under general direction of management senior fraud investigators.
- Manages and leads incident process and handling of fraud investigations.
- Coordinates the creation and implementation of systems and processes to prevent detect and respond to fraud based on fraud intelligence and event analysis.
- Global Security policy and procedures consistent with global standards and practices.
- Makes recommendation to management as to the generation of new procedures and archiving outdated procedures.
- Build documents case chronology and prepares reports.
- Reports any trends to management and recommends system policy procedure changes to mitigate future fraud.
- Analyzes situations identifies practical solutions and escalates matters as needed.
- Develops and maintains an established network of internally and externally contacts to gather exchange and execute on actionable fraud and security intelligence to protect Client Crew information and client assets.
- Handle allegations of monetary fraud of 50K or less Fraud Investigator.
- Works with business units and partners to recommend and implement fraud prevention and detection measures and controls.
- Consults with Clients business units on fraud prevention trends and detection response issues questions.
- Evaluates fraud protection prevention systems and or tools for possible implementation.
- Mentor newly hired promoted Investigators Interns, Contractors and this role involves Adhoc assigned Hadoop reports.
- Provide Fraud overviews and crew education.
- Nice to haves researches and recommends fraud prevention and detection solutions focusing on development of automated systems and improvements in anti fraud controls within business systems and processes.
- 8 to 10 years of good experience in Fraud Investigation role.
Life at Capgemini:
Capgemini supports all aspects of your well-being throughout the changing stages of your life and career. For eligible employees, we offer:
- Flexible work
- Healthcare including dental, vision, mental health, and well-being programs
- Financial well-being programs such as 401(k) and Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Family building benefits like adoption assistance, surrogacy, and cryopreservation
- Social well-being benefits like subsidized back-up child/elder care and tutoring
- Mentoring, coaching and learning programs
- Employee Resource Groups
- Disaster Relief
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 360,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2022 global revenues of €22 billion.
Get The Future You Want | www.capgemini.com
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Capgemini is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to your recruiting contact.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law