If your background is in Accounting, learn more about CRA!
About Charles River Associates
Charles River Associates is a leading global consulting firm that provides economic, financial, and business management expertise to major law firms, corporations and governments around the world. CRA advises clients on economic and financial matters pertaining to litigation and regulatory proceedings, and guides corporations through critical business strategy and performance-related issues. Since 1965, clients have engaged CRA for its combination of industry experience and rigorous, fact-based analysis that provide clients with clear, implementable solutions to complex business concerns.
Practices seeking to hire candidates with this profile include (hiring locations listed):
- Forensic Services/Accounting
- Our Forensic Services practice uses cross-trained forensic professionals to assist companies and their counsel in independently responding to allegations of fraud, waste, abuse, misconduct, and non-compliance.
Learn more about our work by reviewing our Services and Industries on our website.
During the Forensic Services Analyst/Associate Internship program, you may work on many aspects of a project:
- Investigate accounting irregularities and respond to allegations of fraud, misconduct, waste and abuse;
- Prepare analyses of financial data, including financial models, for litigation and expert reports and testimony;
- Investigate and analyze financial evidence, including financial records and transactions, to identify trends and anomalies, and clearly and concisely organize and summarize your findings;
- Leverage your database skills to effectively analyze large data sets;
- Communicate with team members to share investigative and analytical findings and assist in drafting written reports to summarize procedures performed and findings.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree candidates graduating December 2024/Summer 2025 with an academic focus in Accounting or related field;
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate governance, and regulatory environments;
- Experience in gathering, standardizing and analyzing voluminous transactional data;
- Experience in data analysis and intelligence gathering, including querying and mining large data sets to discover transaction patterns, examining financial data and filtering for targeted information;
- Curiosity and analytic thinking to bring creative approaches to non-standard problems
- Effective written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated high level of initiative and leadership;
- Strong teamwork and collaboration capabilities;
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills;
- Clear and demonstrated interest in consulting through coursework, work experience, activities, or attendance at CRA recruiting events.
To be considered for the Summer 2024 Analyst/Associate Internship program, we require:
- Resume – please include current address, personal email and telephone number;
- Cover letter – please describe your interest in CRA and how this role matches your goals. Also, please note if you have interest in a particular practice and/or a location preference;
- Transcript – may be unofficial. Note: you must be graduating from a bachelor's or master's degree program for this role. If you are graduating from an MBA/PhD program or have work experience, please visit our Careers site to see current open roles.
If you are interested in applying for one of our international locations, please visit our Careers site to view and apply for available jobs.
Candidate resume review will commence October 15, and continue on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
Work Location Flexibility
CRA creates a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth, mentorship and inclusivity. At the same time, we realize that individuals realize a range of benefits when working from home periodically. We currently ask that individuals spend 3 to 4 days a week on average working in the office, with specific days determined in coordination with your practice or team.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AAE). As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
The city of New York and the state of California require CRA to include a good-faith estimate of the wage range for this role. This range is specific to individuals applying to work in our New York and California offices and considers several factors including but not limited to experience, education level, and expertise. A good-faith estimate of the base wage range for this role is $30 – $36 per hour; actual total compensation may also include benefits and bonus.