About Charles River Associates
Charles River Associates is a leading global consulting firm that provides economic, financial, and business management expertise to major law firms, corporations, and governments around the world. CRA advises clients on economic and financial matters pertaining to litigation and regulatory proceedings and guides corporations through critical business strategy and performance-related issues. Since 1965, clients have engaged CRA for its combination of industry experience and rigorous, fact-based analysis that provide clients with clear, implementable solutions to complex business concerns.
CRA’s Forensic Services practice supports companies’ commitment to integrity by assisting them and their counsel in independently responding to allegations of fraud, waste, abuse, misconduct and non-compliance. We are noted for deploying cross-trained teams of forensic professionals to assist our clients in gaining deeper insights and greater value more quickly. Our commitment to our clients is to help them better anticipate, manage, and become more resilient as a result of, challenging events.
We are seeking an Associate to join our Chicago or New York office. As an Associate, you will leverage CRA’s eDiscovery technology suite to process, organize, analyze, and deliver data-driven insights, while having frequent contact with senior leadership and project teams as a resource.
Your responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Support senior consultants and clients with tasks related to database administration, review management, and user experience.
- Support senior consultants and clients to conduct analysis of relevant data.
- Utilize database skills to effectively analyze large data sets.
- Investigate and analyze evidence for litigation and expert support as needed.
- Ensure reliability of analysis through quality control review.
- Assist with corporate initiatives, recruiting, and training efforts as needed.
- 1-3 years of related professional experience.
- Understanding of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) and eDiscovery processes.
- Experience using Relativity as an advanced user and database administrator. Relativity certifications are beneficial but not required.
- Experience with loading data into Relativity and basic Relativity administrative functions.
- Experience with executing and running quality control of document productions.
- Experience with MS Excel and/or MS Access.
- Knowledge of search term analysis and search term reporting.
- Understanding of QC for eDiscovery processing and review.
- Experience with document review management is beneficial but not required.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Rigorous organizational skills and attention to detail in all facets of work.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, manage multiple projects, and meet timely deadlines.
- Ability to travel as needed (minimal travel expected).
To be considered for this position, please submit the following:
- Resume – please include current address, personal email and telephone number;
- Cover letter – please describe your interest in CRA and how this role matches your goals;
Career Growth and Benefits
- CRA’s robust skills development programs, including a commitment to offering 100 hours of training annually through formal and informal programs, encourage you to thrive as an individual and team member. Beginning with research and analysis skill building, training continues with technical training, presentation skills, internal seminars, and career mentoring and performance coaching from an assigned senior colleague. Additional leadership and collaboration opportunities exist through internal firm development activities.
- We offer a comprehensive total rewards program including a superior benefits package, wellness programming to support physical, mental, emotional and financial well-being, and in-house immigration support for foreign nationals and international business travelers.
Work Location Flexibility
CRA creates a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth, mentorship and inclusivity. At the same time, we realize that individuals realize a range of benefits when working from home periodically. We currently ask that individuals spend 3 to 4 days a week on average working in the office (which may include traveling to another CRA office or to a client's location), with specific days determined in coordination with your practice or team. At certain times of the year (e.g. holiday periods), additional remote work options are offered to those whose work commitments permit it, although our offices remain open for those who choose or need to be there.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AAE). As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
The city of New York requires CRA to include a good-faith estimate of the wage range for this role. This range is specific to individuals applying to work in our New York office and considers a number of factors including but not limited to experience, education level, and expertise. A good-faith estimate of the base wage range for this role is $87,000 – $95,000; actual total compensation may also include benefits and bonus.