Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
- Drive incident response engagements to guide our customers through forensic investigations, contain security incidents, and provide guidance on longer term remediation recommendations.
- Coordinate and guide incident response assistance from team members and vendors
- Investigate customer data breaches and malicious activity leveraging forensics tools; analyze Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs); examine firewall, web, database, and other log sources to identify evidence of malicious activity.
- Provide case reporting as required across internal and external audiences with the appropriate technical level of detail for threat researchers and/or business customers.
- Evaluate customer security programs, technologies, controls, and business environments; recommend and develop enhancements.
- Provide recommendations on solutions to help customers navigate information security risk.
- Track emerging security practices and contribute to building internal processes, and our various products.
- Stay abreast of the current regulatory environment, industry trends and related implications.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering, or other relevant subjects.
- 5+ years of incident response or digital forensics experience.
- Demonstrated practiced knowledge of the lifecycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors, and methods of exploitation with a knowledge of intrusion set tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network assessment and network/security applications, including log and network traffic capture assessment.
- Experience with Velociraptor, Axiom, FTK, SIFT, Volatility, ELK, WireShark, Plaso, Skadi or other open source forensic/log analysis/network assessment tools.
- Experience with EDR tools like CrowdStrike Falcon, Carbon Black, Sentinel One, etc.
- Knowledge of industry standard frameworks – NIST, HIPAA, PCI.
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit; comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- Strong interactive communication skills (verbal & written).
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms, and aptitude to guide multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Experience deploying tools to AWS and familiarity using Cloud based platform for assessment.
Additional Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the experience to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Customer oriented with a strong interest in consumer satisfaction
- Experience to learn new technologies and concepts and comfortable using command-line interfaces
- Experience guiding teams of highly motivated analysts
- Communicate highly technical information to a non-technical audience
- Experience to handle and work with consumers through high priority scenarios
- Knowledge in project management
- Foster a positive work environment and attitude
- Flexibility with your work schedule in times of urgent response needs
- Contribute to thought guidance within the DFIR industry
- GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, GCFE, ACE, EnCE, CFCE, CISSP, or similar
- Security policy, governance, privacy or regulatory experience (e.g., NIST, ISO, HIPAA, PCI).
- Securing cloud based platforms (Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, etc.).
- Experience with system hardening procedures for Windows, Linux, Unix is helpful. Knowledge and/or experience with Nmap, Nessus, Nexpose, Qualys, Burp, Kali, Metasploit, Meterpreter, or other offensive tools is helpful.
- Knowledge of scripting for development of security tools and industry frameworks is helpful.
- SCADA/Control systems network experience is a plus.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $140,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $215,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee's pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses