Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
Coalition, the world’s largest commercial InsurTech, is looking for a State Regulatory Compliance and Filing Analyst to support us as we continue developing our Compliance and State Regulatory department. This role requires both technical acumen and excellent communication skills. Focal areas include providing state regulatory and compliance subject matter expertise to Product Management, Underwriting, Legal/Compliance, and Actuarial Departments.
This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in the United States.
- Assist with building rate, rule, and form filing process
- Responsible for the timely, consistent, and accurate state regulatory updates related to rates and forms
- Collaborate with Underwriting, Products, and Documents Management teams to implement approved rate, rule, and form filings
- Draft and submit SERFF and IRFS (fka I-File) filings, including forms, manuals, and rate pages
- Provide Ad hoc or scheduled data reports to states that require data calls
- Perform audits of rating system
- Support state licensing process
- Perform other filing and compliance duties as required
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of insurance, state filings, and compliance experience
- A strong knowledge of math and general accounting
- Prefer previous exposure to Commercial Insurance (i.e., Commercial General Liability, Cyber Liability, etc.) and regulatory compliance
- A complete understanding of drafting and submitting flings through SERFF and IRFS
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office skills (Excel and Word) and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Ability to work independently and manage short and long-term projects in a fast-paced environment
- Very detail oriented with significant attention to accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $74,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $100,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee's pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses