We are looking for an experienced investigator looking to manage and conduct sophisticated public record and open-source research, online monitoring and human intelligence gathering for pre-deal due diligence, litigation support matters, asset traces, complex frauds, internal investigations and anti-bribery/anti-corruption and other compliance-driven inquiries in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. The successful candidate will be a critical thinker with strong writing and communication skills, a deft user of investigative databases, a conscientious manager and an alum of an established corporate investigations firm or unit. This mid-level management position requires a demonstrated ability to conduct and manage high-level investigative projects in a rapid-paced environment, to collaborate with team members across the globe and across business lines in a complex organization, and to orient work product around client goals and needs. The Senior Consultant will have client-facing duties, provide guidance and mentorship to more junior members of the team and take on direct line management responsibility for up to two direct reports on a busy and growing team. There are opportunities to develop specialties and to take ownership of areas of the practice. While this team covers research in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean, it works closely with teams across the world, and so this role requires global-mindedness. All our team roles have potential for growth and are part of a larger career trajectory.
Investigative case management:
- Manage and execute a range of investigations utilizing proprietary and specialist databases, online public records and open sources in a variety of contexts for internal and external clients
- Manage the entire project cycle, from initial client request to proposal drafting, acceptance, delivery and invoicing
- Liaise with clients to understand their goals and ensure that our proposals deliver solutions tailored to those needs
- Brief and present findings, in writing, verbally and through charts and diagrams, to internal and external clients
- Liaise with our human source network and expand it by cultivating contacts across the region we cover
- Manage investigators and subcontractors. Oversee the effective performance of and delivery of meaningful and constructive feedback to investigators and other junior colleagues. Provide peer reviews and quality control, as well as training and mentoring.
Team leadership and line management:
- Manage a group of direct reports, helping them to develop, execute and complete projects, liaising where necessary with colleagues in other jurisdictions.
- Discuss and create SMART objectives for each direct report and conduct consistent evaluations as well as required performance reviews.
- Support/lead new employee onboarding, as well as train, mentor and develop the research team.
Business, practice, and solution development
- Seek opportunities to improve our current methodologies, including through the application of new tools, innovation, approaches, and sources.
- Previous professional experience, ideally within the corporate intelligence industry, with at least 4 to 6 years working as an investigator with client-facing experience
- Experience managing multiple complex projects and presenting findings to clients
- Extensive experience with Mexican, Central American and Caribbean public records, including online and proprietary databases covering corporate, media, litigation, regulatory and other information
- Understanding of the region’s legal system and regulatory environment and knowledge of business and politics in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean
- Demonstrated experience with corporate intelligence and compliance, with strong knowledge of research techniques, databases, networks, online registers and archives, and research in the general internet
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an analytical field such as international relations, sociology, law or journalism
- Ability to understand, distill and synthesize complex information from a variety of sources and organize it into concise narratives
- Ability to identify risk-relevant information and contextualize those risks