Control Risks is seeking to recruit a highly motivated forensic analyst to drive the successful development of our forensic technology capabilities in India.
- Assist in the development and management of the team’s forensic technologies service offerings and capabilities.
- Play a supporting role in the management of complex fraud and corruption investigations, particularly those involving the use of forensic technologies.
- Consult and understand the requirements of clients in relation to computer forensics.
- Perform computer forensics activities including digital evidence preservation, analysis, data recovery, tape recovery, electronic mail extraction, and database examination.
- Prepare electronically stored information for processing by performing data extraction from standard image formats to more complex data conversions and tape restorations.
- Process data using a proprietary application, while exercising a rigorous and all-encompassing quality assurance protocol.
- Perform data acquisitions while maintaining proper and defensible chain of custody documentation.
- Draft reports of a superior quality for clients, lawyers, courts and regulators.
- Research and develop new computer forensic tools and methodologies.
- Work closely with and support Control Risks’ other service lines.
- Take a proactive role in the company’s business development activities including attending marketing events and working with the marketing team.
- Generate and execute opportunities for potential profile-raising activities across a variety of media.
- Update the team on latest industry trends, technologies, and topics of discussion.
- Ability to travel throughout India and to other countries to meet the requirements of our local, regional and global clients
- Be prepared to share knowledge and expertise with fellow team members and other colleagues.
- Develop client-facing consultancy skills.
- University degree level qualification in Information Technology, Computer Forensics, or relevant field. Or.
- 5+ years’ experience in digital forensics & eDiscovery
- Qualifications and experience with Encase, FTK, Relativity, Cellebrite, MS SQL or other relevant software.
- Extensive knowledge in computer (or IT) forensic software within the context of conducting investigations.
- Understanding and working knowledge of the eDisclosure/eDiscovery workflow, spanning data collection through production.
- Thorough understanding of standard evidence handling procedures.
- General knowledge of fraud, corruption, and compliance issues, particularly in an India context.
- Creative problem-solving skills to proactively address client needs
- Flexibility in adapting to evolving priorities during the course of investigations
- Excellent analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Willingness and ability to travel, even at extremely short notice
- English language skills
- Focus on delivering high-quality work with competing deadlines
- Strong analytical/investigative mindset required, critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to identify and pursue opportunities in the market
- Ability to actively listen to and understand outside perspectives
- Self-motivated and strong desire to learn new skills and improve
- Investigative and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with all types of people at various levels and across jurisdictions required
- Excellent verbal and written communication – ability to interpret and contextualize complex or highly localized issues to general audiences
- Thorough and detail-oriented analysis that results in well-organized reports that rarely need re-working or editing before release.
- Methodical approach