For this role, we are specifically seeking individuals with forensic investigations and compliance experience who are willing and able to travel internationally and across the EMEA region. You will be an integral member of the wider EMEA Investigations and Forensic Accounting practice, in turn part of a global practice offering international investigations and regulatory compliance capability.
The role will require you to exhibit technical excellence, the ability to build relationships and the desire and capability to leverage technology to deliver efficient and innovative work. You will be expected to work with other members of the Compliance and Forensics practice, and help to build Control Risks’ reputation in the marketplace.
Role tasks and responsibilities
There are three priorities for the role:
- Effective delivery of compliance and forensics projects
- Engage in business development activities with legal / compliance buyers
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members
Time in the role is expected to be roughly divided between four areas as set out below:
Technical Delivery (60% of Role)
- Exhibit technical expertise in the delivery of Forensics engagements
- Act as an operational lead on engagements, taking full responsibility for the delivery of projects
- Design, execute and adapt project plans and budgets
- Ensure engagement deliverables address client expectations and are of a high quality
- Embed technology into engagements as both a differentiator and to improve efficiencies
Operational & Risk (10% of Role)
- Monitor and mitigate risk on engagements from end to end, consulting with (Associate) Director / Principal / Partner Group as needed
- Ensure that key decisions are recorded for future reference and that suitable quality and risk files are maintained
- Ensure that engagements are delivered to time and budget
- Ensure complete record keeping of engagement economics and business administration within CRM
- Ensure timely accrual of income, raising of invoices and cash receipt
Business Development & Growth (20% of Role)
- Build Control Risks’ visibility and credibility in the marketplace
- Maintain and update our Client Relationship Management tool with relevant business information on our contacts, clients and opportunities
- Strengthen and expand personal network of contacts and legal / compliance buyers
- Innovate and identify new routes to market or new services
- Provide thought leadership, have an online presence and regular attendance at relevant seminars and conferences
Professional Development (10% of Role)
- Take ownership of personal development
- Motivate and mentor junior members to achieve full potential
- Provide strong coaching and training to enable junior members to achieve technical and operational excellence
- Recognized professional qualification
- Several years of relevant experience in a consulting or professional services environment
- Experience in structuring, managing and delivering Compliance and Forensic projects
- Knowledge of fraud and corruption investigation techniques and procedures
- Working knowledge of FCPA, UK Bribery Act and other relevant legislation
- Managing business development and improving engagement margin
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in teams
- The ability to build relationships internally and externally with stakeholders at all levels within an organization
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills in German and English to effectively work and communicate with diverse audiences of varying degrees of expertise. Additional languages such as French or Spanish are a plus.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.