- Responsibilities: You will take a leading role in delivering real-world evidence (RWE) projects to our clients, whilst working alongside project teams to ensure that work is delivered to an exceptionally high standard. You will also work closely with the US Head of RWE to play a key role in business development and drive the growth of the RWE team
- Salary: $80,000 per annum
- Benefits: Discretionary cash bonuses paid twice a year, hybrid working options, generous holiday allowance, flexible working hours, private medical and dental insurance, 401K plan, life insurance, full funding for external training, comprehensive travel insurance and more
- Role Type: Full-time, part-time, permanent
- Start Date: We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout 2024, which occur on a monthly basis
- Location: This role is available in our Boston office
About the Role
Do you have experience of successfully delivering RWE projects? Do you enjoy building and maintaining client relationships? Are you looking to join a company offering excellent career prospects? Costello Medical are growing quickly through demand from both new and existing clients and are therefore looking for a candidate with prior experience in real-world evidence studies who enjoys content delivery, as well as project and client management, to join us as a Senior Analyst.
Senior Analysts take a leading role across projects and work alongside the team to ensure that deliverables are completed to an exceptionally high standard in line with agreed timelines. This involves providing strategic advice to clients at project initiation, supervision of the project team and regular interaction with clients. Senior Analysts are central to the quality control of a project, involving the review of colleagues’ work and the provision of constructive feedback.
You will also play a key role in contributing to business development by building and maintaining excellent client relationships, identifying opportunities to expand the scope of our RWE services, and proactively winning work with companies outside our existing client base.
Costello Medical is structured into divisional teams focusing on Medical Communications, Value and Access and Evidence Development. This role sits in the Real-World Evidence division, which is becoming increasingly important for the demonstration of clinical and economic value of pharmaceuticals and medical technologies.
Our preference is for the Senior Analyst to work our standard working week of 40 hours, Monday to Friday; however, we can consider applicants looking to work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Real-World Evidence at Costello Medical
Our RWE team contribute to the design, execution and subsequent reporting of prospective, retrospective or cross-sectional real-world studies. They develop protocols and statistical analysis plans (in collaboration with our Statisticians, clients and external experts), acquire and analyse data, and communicate the methodologies and results in both written and oral formats. Studies include data from patient registries, claims databases, electronic health records, prospective studies or any other source of real-world data, and involve a wide range of research questions on burden of disease, clinical effectiveness or economic topics, among others. Full details of the services we offer in the Real-World Evidence division can be found here.
As one of our most recently established divisions, this is an exciting time to join our growing RWE team; you will play a key role in shaping the future of Costello Medical’s RWE service offering by delivering high-quality real-world studies that can make a meaningful impact in a wide range of disease areas.
We offer many opportunities for personal and professional development at Costello Medical. Please click below to read firsthand accounts from our colleagues about their time with the company: https://www.costellomedical.com/careers/working-at…
We are looking for individuals who are collaborative, self-motivated and enthusiastic with a strong and demonstrable background working on RWE projects in an agency or clinical research organisation (CRO) setting.
You will take pride in producing exceptionally high-quality work and will relish the opportunity to build successful client relationships. You will identify and capitalise on opportunities to go above and beyond for clients and exceed their expectations wherever possible.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be highly organised and able to manage timelines across multiple projects. You will be willing to step up and support your project team as needed.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A bachelor’s or higher degree in a relevant subject (minimum GPA 3.3). We welcome applications from candidates with a diverse range of specialisms
- 1 to 2 years of professional industry experience in an agency or CRO, including some exposure to RWE studies
- A good understanding of RWE research methods and study designs, as well as how RWE fits into the drug commercialisation process
- A good understanding of fundamental statistical techniques, sufficient to engage in technical discussions with our Statisticians
- Strong scientific writing skills with the ability to tailor writing style to different audiences
- Excellent data presentation skills, including the ability to use Excel, PowerPoint and Word effectively and efficiently, to produce a professional, high standard of work
- Exceptional attention to detail and written English are fundamental; these will be assessed during the selection process.
Client and Project Management Competencies
- The capacity to maintain exceptional customer service and quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands
- Experience in communicating directly with clients, including responding to different communication styles, as well as a proven ability to build robust and sustainable client relationships and contribute to business development activities
- Sufficient technical and strategic knowledge to provide clients with recommendations on project content and approach
- Project management skills sufficient to enable timely project delivery, with ability to motivate colleagues and take a leadership role in the delivery of project components
- Experience with formally line managing or informally mentoring junior colleagues and supporting with their learning and development
Related Roles to Consider
- If you fulfil all the requirements of this role and you have a background in Epidemiology with experience delivering technical RWE projects in a client-facing setting, please consider our Senior Epidemiologist role
- If you have a background in Epidemiology but you do not meet all client/project management experience requirements of this role, please consider our Epidemiologist role here: https://apply.workable.com/costello-medical/j/9829…
- If you have an interest in RWE but you do not meet all client/project management experience requirements of this role, please consider our Analyst/Medical Writer role here: https://apply.workable.com/costello-medical/j/91E4F024F4/, and specify that you wish to apply for a role in RWE within your application form
We are not currently recruiting for Consultant roles with the RWE division. However, if you have 3 or more years of experience independently managing RWE projects in an agency or CRO setting, including a strong track record of business development, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, where you will be placed in our “Talent Pool”. We regularly review candidates in the Talent Pool, and will endeavour to reach out with any current or new vacancies that we think match your skillset.
To find the full job advertisements for the roles mentioned above, as well as all our other vacancies, please visit our Current Openings page here: https://apply.workable.com/costello-medical/?lng=e….
About Costello Medical
Costello Medical is a rapidly growing global healthcare agency specialising in medical communications, market access and health economic and outcomes research. We work with a wide range of clients, including the industry’s most successful pharmaceutical and medical technology companies, patient and public health bodies and charitable organisations. Our lasting client partnerships create a direct and measurable impact on the successful launch of novel therapies and devices across a wide range of disease areas. Our vision is to be a community of the very best people, constantly challenging ourselves to make meaningful and outstanding contributions to improving healthcare.
We are committed to our company values which are central to creating our fun, friendly and innovative workplace in which we strive to deliver the highest standards of quality. As a result, we have been listed in The Top 100 Companies to Work For list for five consecutive years.
On 27th May 2022 Costello Medical received its certification as a B Corporation. We are really proud of this achievement as it demonstrates that Costello Medical is meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance. We underwent a rigorous assessment that covered the whole of our business including employee benefits, charitable giving and sustainability. We believe this certification is external validation of our mission to be a force for good.
The Recruitment Process
Our recruitment process includes a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. This will be followed by a written assessment for you to complete in your own time which will assess your scientific understanding and technical skills. If successful, you will be invited to an interview which will include a short presentation that you can prepare for in advance. Our standard recruitment process lasts around 1 month; however, this is adapted if necessary.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce and, throughout the recruitment process, there are a number of reasonable adjustments we can provide. Please click here to read more about this and contact the People Team via email@example.com should you require reasonable adjustments at any stage.
We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout 2023 and 2024, which occur on a monthly basis. You will be asked to state your availability on your application form.
Whilst there are no set application deadlines, we strongly recommend applying as early as possible so that we can begin processing your application. The role will close when a suitable candidate is found.
What We Offer
- A starting salary of $80,000 per annum. Salary increases are awarded annually, with discretionary cash bonuses paid twice per year
- Private medical insurance with a company contribution
- Dental and vision cover
- 23 days’ vacation leave increasing by 1 day to a maximum of 27 days. 6 public holidays plus 1 floating holiday
- The chance to work from home for up to half of your working time
- Retirement savings via a 401k plan
- Paid funding for external education and study leave
- Life insurance
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Flexible and reasonable working hours
- Regular company-funded social activities
Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical: https://www.costellomedical.com/careers/benefits-p…
How to Apply
You are required to submit your resume and a cover letter via our online application form. In your cover letter you must explain why you think you would be suited to the role and why you would like to join Costello Medical. Your resume should clearly state dates of all qualifications and grades achieved where applicable. Please contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the role or application process.
We welcome applications from international candidates, but we are unfortunately unable to provide visa sponsorship for working visas. Therefore, you must have the right to work in the US independently from the company. However, we are able to consider those on a temporary visa, such as an OPT visa.