Passion for Innovation. Compassion for Patients.
With over 120 years of experience and more than 17,000 employees in over 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo is dedicated to discovering, developing, and delivering new standards of care that enrich the quality of life around the world.
In Europe, we focus on two areas: The goal of our Specialty Business is to protect people from cardiovascular disease, the leading cause of death in Europe, and help patients who suffer from it to enjoy every precious moment of life. In Oncology, we strive to become a global pharma innovator with competitive advantage, creating novel therapies for people with cancer.
Our European headquarters are in Munich, Germany, and we have affiliates in 13 European countries and Canada.
For our headquarters in Munich we are seeking highly qualified candidates to fill the position
Director, Global Oncology Medical Affairs, Evidence Generation (m/f/x)
The Director, Global Oncology Medical Affairs, Evidence Generation role is responsible for co-leading a crossfunctional Evidence Generation Team and developing an Integrated Evidence Plan (IEP) for the assigned compound.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Co-lead a cross-functional Evidence Generation Team (EGT) for the assigned compound inpartnership with Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research partner.
- As a member of Global Medical Affairs Team (GMAT, or Joint Medical Affairs Team for Alliance compounds) and as a subject matter expert (SME), in alignment with the GMAT Lead, develop an Integrated Evidence Plan (IEP), which includes an evidence gap assessment, gap prioritization and strategic delivery plan. The plan integrates the global/ regional/ country strategies across all relevant functions and aligns with the Disease Area Strategy.
- Communicate progress to relevant internal stakeholders using trackers and tools generated by Global Oncology Medical Affairs Study Operations partners and propose mitigation plans for delayed activities. Ensure that appropriate internal and external communication is current and clear.
- Drive the development of Areas of Interest (AOI) for Externally Sponsored Research (ESR). Align AOIs with GMAT and GPT.
- Share and discuss the evidence gaps and Integrated Evidence Plans within the team of EG Leads responsible for other compounds within the same Disease Area and with the Disease Area Strategy Leads.
- Serve as a delegate on relevant concept and protocol review committees (within company as well as in the Alliance) for company sponsored and externally sponsored research.
Professional Expierence & Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in scientific discipline or equal
- PharmD or PhD and MD would be required
- 10 or more Years overall related experience and/or commensurate education/experience
- 4 or more Years working in a pharmaceutical company in Evidence Generation-related role
- Experience developing global or regional medical strategy preferably in lung and/or breast cancer
- Oncology launch preparation and delivery in Global, Regional or Country Medical Affairs
- Experience planning and conducting Medical Affairs interventional and non-interventional studies, including Ph 3b/4, EAP, externally sponsored research, external clinical collaborations, and observational studies
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Why work with us?
Working at Daiichi Sankyo is more than just a job – it is your chance to make a difference and change patients’ lives for the better. We can only achieve this ambitious goal together. That is why we foster a culture of mutual respect and continuous learning, with a strong commitment to inclusion and diversity. Here, you will have the opportunity to grow, think boldly, and contribute your ideas. If you have a proactive mindset and passion for addressing the needs of patients, we eagerly await your application.
For more information: www.daiichi-sankyo.eu