Under minimal supervision, the Regulatory Compliance Analyst is responsible for execution of projects in assigned functional areas and oversight of various legal and compliance facets to achieve company goals and objectives. This includes working cross-functionally with business partners, including but not limited to, Sales, Marketing, New Product Development, Hospitality/DTC/Tasting Room, Customer Service, Finance, Trade Marketing, and Legal to provide support, coordination and assistance with projects and regulatory issues, to identify and mitigate risks to the company, and to recommend and implement cost effective solutions. The Regulatory Compliance Analyst will help ensure processes and procedures for each area of focus meet regulatory requirements, and provides direction and assistance in the development of actual workflows where needed. This position requires extensive understanding of state and federal regulations for the sale and marketing of wine, while maximizing efficiencies and adhering to applicable requirements.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the function
- Leads in a constructive manner by example; demonstrates and encourages a strong work ethic and fosters an environment of trust and respect
- Develops and aligns individual goals with the department's operational goals; ensures that decisions, actions, and priorities are aligned with the company's vision, mission, and strategies
- Researches best practices, stays abreast of industry trends, and maintains awareness of regulatory changes to ensure compliance and continually improve operations
- Contributes to the preparation of the departmental budget and monitors spending
- Provides immediate feedback and directly assists team to maintain level of productivity and deliver daily results
- Supports change initiatives and company decisions in an effective manner
- Fosters a work environment that encourages creative thinking, promotes flexibility, and drives innovation
- Immediately informs management of employee issues, concerns, and complaints in an objective and confidential manner
- Ensures compliance and consistent application of company policies, initiatives, and decisions
- Meets requirements and monitors compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, to include evaluating, determining, and executing compliance requirements in the assigned functional areas.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects and scope of assigned projects.
- Develops, manages, and updates project timetables to ensure stakeholder visibility; manages workflow and obtains stakeholders’ sign-off of time sensitive tasks to insure project completion within agreed timeframe.
- Research project or process issues and assists in resolving issues timely and within applicable regulatory requirements; identifies root causes to problems, proposes potential solutions, and follows through on correction.
- Manages data and records for various applications and databases for various purposes which may include state compliance, contact management, data privacy, sales and marketing compliance, policy and procedure management, data governance, or legislative tracking.
- Generates and analyzes reports for accuracy and to ensure team, business partner, and agency performance, data integrity, and record retention; ensures controls and optimal performance by performing gap analysis and seeks problem resolution as discrepancies are identified.
- Provides support to business partners in project execution, acts as the liaison with state regulatory officials where advanced approvals/registrations are required, and ensures necessary regulatory approval is acquired and retained.
- Collaborates with management and other relevant departments to obtain a thorough understanding of upcoming projects and to determine appropriate action required to ensure timely execution; identifies obstacles and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Evaluates individual state or federal requirements for functional area to ensure continuance of business operations in line with regulatory requirements while mitigating risk to the company.
- Tracks metrics of team, business partners, and agency performance, and assists management in performing KPI analysis against targets to measure progress; propose solutions for improvement.
- Administers department technology solutions; supports deployment of new technology and systems integrations.
- Documents and maintains internal control processes, procedures, measures, and standard workflows.
Specific functional area assignments may include:
- Resolution and response to external communications received, requiring working cross-functionally with various departments;
- Contributing and uphold data privacy processes, including administering to requests regarding consumer privacy in accordance with company process;
- Supporting the drafting and conducting of training for relevant business area;
- Administering contract management system and reviewing and processing contracts as designated by management;
- Securing or maintaining state and salesperson licenses;
- Processing and maintaining required registrations for brands/products meeting state requirements, including Bottle Deposit law registration and reporting; and
- Reviewing requests, projects, or promotions with trade practice, advertising and marketing implications, including digital.
*Other duties may be assigned
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
- B.A./B.S. in business related field or 3 – 5 years’ experience in business related field winery experience preferred
- Lean training/experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Project Management; including the ability to take initiative and self-motivate on projects as well as motivate teams on common goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be a strong listener as well
- Highly-organization and able to multi-task multiple complex projects; strong time management skills
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Genera office working environment
- Occasional traveling outside assigned work locations by any mode of transportation
- Required to drive automotive or equipment
- Indoor and outdoor environment with exposure to the elements/temperature variations
- Occasionally may be required to lift and carry cases of wine
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
California Pay Transparency Disclaimer: This is a Exempt position. The pay range for this position is $74,130.00 to $115,920.00.
Actual placement within range will be contingent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to the candidate's qualifications, education, experience, internal equity and alignment with market data.
Delicato Family Wines offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.