About the team
We are looking for a Product and Regulatory Compliance Manager to join our HQ Ethics, Compliance and Insurance Team based in London.
This is a newly created position and the successful candidate will play a critical role in helping the business manage its risk in relation to product safety, trading standards, consumer protection and general regulatory compliance across 10 markets in a rapidly evolving industry.
The role will report to the Head of Ethics, Compliance & Insurance and will be overseen operationally by the Head of Food Safety and Compliance, Core and Hop. You will also work closely with other senior stakeholders across Legal, Policy, Product, Care and Operations to operationalise appropriate compliance policies and risk mitigation guardrails in connection with a range of different business initiatives.
This role is a unique opportunity to work in an exciting global business, headquartered in London, and play a critical role in defining its Product and Regulatory Compliance strategy.
This is a hybrid role which requires you to be based in HQ (Cannon Street) for 3 days per week
What you'll be doing
- Consistently provide high-quality, risk-based advice across a range of regulatory compliance areas but with a particular focus on non-food product safety and consumer protection. Advise on compliance in a complex and ever-evolving regulatory environment.
- Support the implementation of retail-facing policies, processes or other measures as necessary to mitigate business risks.
- Support the product recall process and provide guidance to the business on execution.
- Lead and actively manage complex regulatory compliance due diligence processes across multiple markets and identify and develop creative solutions to help the business manage compliance.
Daily & Monthly Responsibilities
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: lead on initial assessment of compliance risks associated with Deliveroo's retail (non-food) initiatives and provide practical and pragmatic solutions on how risks should be managed.
- Risk Monitoring: implement and maintain systems to monitor adherence to policies & processes, alongside ensuring measures to mitigate identified risks remain effective. Develop processes for monitoring trends and patterns across compliance processes in order to manage our legal, financial, reputational and other risks.
- Legislative/Regulatory Horizon Scanning: work closely with the Legal and Policy teams to ensure that the business stays ahead of local, national and international laws concerning the on-demand delivery industry, including consumer protection, food & product safety.
- Collaborating with Product and Regulatory Legal Counsel: work alongside the Product and Regulatory Legal Counsel to scope and collate external legal advice on different legislative and regulatory requirements across our multiple markets and transform this into a cohesive cross market compliance implementation strategy.
- Product Development Support: work with the Product, Tech and Marketing teams, as needed, to review and advise on new product features, menu re-designs, marketing promotions and other consumer-facing features.
- Product Safety: work with the Ethics & Compliance team to develop and maintain robust product safety policies and implement best practice protocols across our network of partners.
- Regulatory Requests & Investigation Support
- Qualified Trading Standards professional, or other similar consumer law qualification or experience.
- Have 5+ years experience with product regulatory compliance.
- Have experience working with legal and compliance teams, solving problems in a collaborative manner.
- In-depth regulatory knowledge in product safety and excellent understanding of the legal requirements and challenges
- Be passionate about food, tech and innovation.
- Be a proven team player and a developing leader.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.