Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 125126
Primary Location: Montreal, QC
All Available Locations: Montreal, QC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Do you want to work in a stimulating and dynamic environment with ambitious colleagues who share the same interests as you? Do you want to play a crucial role in the execution of various valuation and litigation support engagements? Then this position is for you!
What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Manager, you will:
• Supervise and/or work collaboratively with a diverse team of talented forensic accountants specialized in investigations, specialists in anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing, advisors, intelligence analysts, fraud specialists, computer forensic and e-discovery specialists
• Lead financial crime engagements to provide business insights from the analysis of the client’s challenges, consideration of the business environment and the potential risk exposure
• Management of multiple client’s engagements at the same time.
• Apply a structured project management approach that fully satisfies clients and delivers project profitability
• Prioritize objectives and contribute to project planning and status reporting
• Analyze financial data, review accounting and email records
• Identify issues and recommend solutions to project teams
• Liaise and cultivate client relationships
• Further develop your expertise as a financial crime investigator and team leader as well as your reputation as a business advisor
• Contribute to the growth and development of the practice
• Help develop and deliver training programs
About the team
Deloitte's team of forensic professionals identify and deal with a wide range of business disputes and irregularities, and deliver clear, logical analyses, opinions and reports. We apply a variety of quantitative and qualitative techniques to isolate and analyze alleged damages resulting from business interruption, alleged fraud and corruption, breach of contract, negligence, breach of duty, infringement of intellectual property, and similar circumstances. We quantify real or potential losses, minimize fraud, locate misappropriated funds, and bring about a timely resolution to commercial disputes and financial litigation.
Our dispute consulting team is made up of specialists in valuation, financial analysis, damage quantification, intellectual property, forensic accounting, and computer forensics, all with significant experience assisting clients with contentious matters.
Our Financial Crime team helps our clients to protect their brand and reputation by proactively advising on their exposure to fraud, corruption, and other financial crime issues. Drawing on our global network of seasoned financial crime experts, intelligence analysts, technologists and advanced analytics, we can quickly and efficiently gain an understanding of our clients’ various Financial Crime exposures. We provide expert advice and solutions to address our clients Financial Crime Management needs across the organization from strategy, implementation, to remediation
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with :
• Master of business administration (MBA) degree, the CPA designation or another professional accounting designation is an asset;
• Other relevant education that will be considered: Master’s Degree in the preferred concentration in social sciences, quantitative or business discipline such as Criminology, Statistics, Economics, Business administration, or other similar disciplines.
• Professional certifications such as Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or Certified Financial Crime Specialist (CFCS)
• Demonstrated managerial experience, including project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, and team leadership
• At least seven years of relevant forensic accounting experience;
• Extensive experience in consulting or providing external advisory services;
• Deep commitment to professionalism and client service excellence;
• Exceptional communication in both French and English, writing and presentation skills (Due to the nature of the role having interactions with National & Global clients, bilingualism in French and English is required for this position);
• Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities;
• Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving with strong attention to detail;
• Ability to build mathematical representation of various client scenarios and generate robust insights to drive data-driven decision making;
• Experience in diagnosing project-related problems, developing solutions, communicating with clients, coordinating decision-making, producing documents, managing client expectations and leading a team;
• Ability to travel in Canada and sometimes abroad (candidates must be able to enter the United States in order to complete engagement work);
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations) or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions relating to careers for Indigenous peoples at Deloitte (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.