Adviser (m/f/d) in the programme to build and strengthen police structures in selected partner countries in AfricaDeutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammena
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammena
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in Abidjan/Cote d‘Ivoire, we are looking for an
Adviser (m/f/d) in the programme to build and strengthen police structures in selected partner countries in Africa
Field of activity
The “Programme to build and strengthen police structures in selected partner countries in Africa ” is active with eleven country measures in Africa. On behalf of the Federal Foreign Office, support is provided to national and regional police institutions. This includes advising on police reform processes, organising training measures, providing technical equipment and materials as well as renovating police infrastructure. In the programme countries, international staff are deployed who are responsible for the implementation of the country components. The programme is managed by a coordination unit in Berlin.
• Conceptualisation of baselines and implementation of fact-findings on forensic standards and capacities in West Africa
• Providing technical advice to the forensic laboratory in Abidjan with a view to achieving their medium-term objective of establishing a DNA analysis laboratory
• Analysis of forensic standards and procedures existing in the region and, in cooperation with partner police forces, further development and regional harmonisation of these standards and procedures
• Advise the forensic regional network WAFNET (West African Forensics Network) on the development and harmonisation of forensic standards and procedures of the member police forces
• Conceptualisation and development as well as technical and organisational support of forensic training courses in the region
• Advise the WAFNET Secretariat on the organisational development of the network
• Support of the network in the development of work plans and strategies as well as organisational support and assistance in the organisation of working meetings and conferences of the network
• Support WAFNET in their exchange and networking efforts with forensic polices from other regions/other regional forensic networks, e.g. in Eastern and Southern Africa, Asia and Europe
• Diploma/Master’s degree in biology, chemistry, forensics or a similar field
• Several years of professional experience in international cooperation in the field of (regional) police cooperation, forensics etc.
• Several years of professional experience in a laboratory (criminological/forensic, scientific, medical or similar)
• Professional experience in the field of DNA analysis
• Professional experience in the laboratory analysis of crime scene evidence is an advantage
• Experience in organising seminars/training courses/conferences as well as in the technical coordination and guidance of short-term experts
• Several years of cooperation experience with state actors including police as well as multilateral and bilateral donors and implementing organisations
• Experience of cooperation with non-governmental organisations is an advantage
• Fluency in French and English; knowledge of German would be an advantage
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 11/24/2020.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=52249
You can find this job under the Job-ID P1533V5057.