DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As the Deputy AML Officer, you’ll assist our AML Compliance Officer manage the firm’s AML/CTF and sanction screening program. Our environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and we are looking for someone who is energized by our innovative culture.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Support onboarding, transaction monitoring and reporting efforts across the firm, including the review of KYC files, sanction screening and transaction monitoring alerts, as may be required to support an increase in transaction flow.
- Undertake due diligence on new and existing trading counterparties.
- Support AML/CTF and sanction screening escalations across the firms, including in the areas of KYC review, sanction screening alerts, transaction monitoring and suspicious activity reporting.
- Assist the AML Officer in managing the workflow supporting the firm’s transaction monitoring system.
- Lead annual and regulatory AML/CTF/Sanctions audits for the firm’s foreign subsidiaries.
- Ensure that required logs are adequately maintained for the firm’s foreign subsidiaries, including PEP, High Risk, SAR, FRA filings, Law Enforcement Requests, etc.
- Support the AML Officer in ensuring that AML/CTF and sanction screening programs specific to the firm’s foreign subsidiaries are periodically updated and consistent with regulatory developments and risk.
- Lead the firm’s quality control program in the areas of KYC, sanction screening and SAR reporting.
- Work with the AML Officer on the development and implementation of AML/CTF and sanctions policies and procedures.
- Assist with law enforcement requests and subpoenas as may be required.
- Assist in reviewing questions or observations raised by the business and trading desks with respect to counterparty activity or existing policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparing and submitting required reports, including reports concerning suspicious activity.
- Assist the AML Compliance Officer in analyzing transaction trends and patterns.
- Contribute to the development and management of compliance processes.
- Contribute to the development of risk assessments, risk mitigation strategies and transaction monitoring strategies.
What we’re looking for:
- At least five years of AML/CTF and sanctions experience, including experience in a mid-level or supervisory AML role such as AML Manager or Deputy AML Officer
- At least three years of experience in the virtual currency industry
- Proficient understanding of AML industry standards globally with respect to the virtual currency space
- Proficient understanding of the AML regulatory framework in the U.S.
- Expertise in blockchain analytics (experience with Chainalysis and TRM preferred)
- Experience with AML customer identification/KYC and transaction monitoring programs
- Experience with sanction screening (e.g., OFAC) programs
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong business acumen and analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively and meet goals both as part of a team and independently
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the cryptocurrency industry is preferred
- ACAMS preferred
- Bacherlor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Legal/regulatory background is a plus
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.