Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility)
To learn more about this position please use this link to schedule time with the recruiter: https://calendly.com/jacqueline-huff/nursing-program-manager-evidence-based-practice
This Nursing Program Manager position is a health system position that reports directly to the Associate Chief Nursing Officer of Practice, Quality, and Magnet. Join the team where you will coach and mentor nurses through evidence-based practice implementation and support professional development. You will also have the opportunity to advance innovation and practice by leading and facilitating evidence-based practice programs through Duke University Health System.
Manage, coordinate and participate in a variety of administrative and/or clinical activities related to a specific program or hospital unit within Nursing Services; prepare and manage budgets, supervise staff and develop policies and procedures consistent with program objectives
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Administer and coordinate operational activities of assigned program or hospital unit within Nursing Services; make decisions on specific operating problems and issue instructions in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Plan, develop and implement goals and objectives of assigned program or unit in conjunction with appropriate division director and/or department head; evaluate program objectives on a continual basis; implement changes to existing policies and procedures as appropriate. Determine fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations; monitor costs and expenditures of program activities and authorize expenditures of program funds.
- Participate in establishing and maintaining communication between ancillary department and physicians, nursing personnel and other health care professionals regarding program and/or unit policies and procedures. Plan and conduct meetings with subordinates to ensure compliance with established practices and keep employees abreast of current standards; develop, in conjunction with others, appropriate training and employee orientation programs.
- Assist in the selection, provision and control of material resources required for subsequent performance of duties to include equipment, supplies, space and facilities; establish standards to ensure cost containment and to optimize working environment. Administer various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and other related activities. Compile and maintain records, reports and documentation of program and/or unit activities to be used for program evaluation.
Required Qualifications at this Level
3 years of nursing experience
Experience with completion of evidence-based practice projects
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
Current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina required or compact license from participating state (required to obtain NC-RN licensure within 90 days of relocating to the state of NC). BLS required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.