- Full Time
Onboarding Adviser – Chester – Hybrid
Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products. From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service. We’re doing this by hiring exceptional people and are now looking for a Onboarding Advisor to join our team.
With our headquarters in London, Chester and Los Angeles, the Equals Group comprises of three business lines and brands – Equals Money, FairFX and CardOneMoney. You will join a very close-knit, talented and supportive team from various backgrounds who believe that bringing different perspectives together helps us understand our customers’ needs. United, by one thing, making money management straightforward and cost-effective for our customers.
About the role
As an ‘Onboarding Advisor’ at the Equals Group you will be working as part of a dedicated team performing KYC checks and risk assessments on new business and personal customer applications. You will work closely with the Compliance and Risk departments to ensure that the new customers are onboarded within the firms’ risk appetite framework and that we remain compliant with all AML and applicable Regulations. The role requires a pro-active individual with the necessary understanding of risk to help protect the firm from financial crime, whilst also providing the efficiency and speed to onboard approved customers as quickly as possible.
We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed below. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you.
Our investment in you
We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams. We believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
- Perform various screenings/checks, including ID&V checks, Politically Exposed Persons (PEP), Sanctions and Adverse Media checks where necessary to inform the overall customer risk rating (CRA).
- Establish the nature of the Customer’s business, risk profile, understand the context of Customer business and services.
- Complete additional onboarding related tasks (account opening documentation, admin and system activation) and sign off Low and Medium risk accounts.
- Liaise with sales teams (and occasionally customers) to request supporting KYC documentation.
- Help support and guide business and personal customers in understanding terms, conditions, and KYC related documentation required to be obtained.
- Maintain a high level of quality when collating KYC file and performing the associated screening checks.
- Record and resolve any customer issues, concerns or complaints reporting them, as appropriate, to management.
- Ensure there is a balance between ensuring each customer experiences a smooth customer onboarding journey whilst applying a risk-based approach during each onboarding.
- Continuously strive to ensure that that performance targets and objectives are met as an individual and as a team.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail and awareness of fraud typologies that the business is exposed to in order to be able to identify inconsistencies during onboarding and escalate accounts with financial crime concerns.
- Ensure that product knowledge is kept up to date.
- Understanding of KYC, CDD/EDD requirements and AML Regulations
- Knowledge and practical experience of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Previous relevant experience in an Onboarding role
When you join the Equals Group, we aim to help you to get more out of your career. We will also offer you the following benefits;
● A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group.
● 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
● Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills. £250 towards the cost of learning & development.
● Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
● Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
● Bupa Private Healthcare and Mental Health Services
● Free Eye Test and £50 up to the cost of glasses
● EAP Service
● Life Assurance Policy – x3 annual salary
● Contributory pension scheme
● Cycle to Work Scheme
● Season Ticket Loans
● Enhanced Parental Policies
● Complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and fruit
● We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible
Where possible we offer the opportunity to work flexibly and the opportunity to balance some remote working with time in the office collaborating, taking part in events and developing the social connections that make working with us rewarding.
Equals strives to create a workplace where we can all be ourselves. We believe in inclusion, equality and the power of diversity, so you’ll be encouraged to bring your unique perspectives and experiences, and help us understand what you need to do your best work.