Financial Crime Risk Management – CDD Team Manager – Newcastle
Within the professional services environment, application of effective financial crime risk management is fundamental to both successful delivery of client services and promotion of our brand. Risk management (RM) encompasses the technical support and processes which enable the delivery of service quality, contain the threat of litigation, limit damage to our reputation and achieve full fee recovery. The RM team supports EY in execution of and compliance with Global, Regional and local risk management policies and procedures. The team assists the development, maintenance, communication and training of key Risk Management policies, provides advice on risk matters and monitors application of policy.
Financial crime risks relating to anti-money laundering (AML), terrorist financing, anti-bribery controls, sanctions compliance and fraud are a high focus for regulated businesses and external scrutiny as regulation and practice continues to evolve.
There is an opening for a Manager role within the team to establish a new pod specifically for the Strategy and Transactions Service Line. The successful applicant’s key responsibilities will include supporting the Central CDD Senior Manager in the delivery of operations and compliance from a KYC/ CDD perspective for the UK&I SaT service line. You will ensure the appropriate due diligence is conducted in a timely manner, gaps identified and closed, and quality standards maintained alongside reporting to senior stakeholders.
The central team are based in Newcastle and support EY's UK and Ireland businesses and act as the first line of financial crime compliance procedures. The role will include being the first line subject matter expert on AML due diligence for the Sat Service line. You will be expected to offer compliant and pragmatic CDD advice to Engagement Partners and their teams in navigating CDD requirements. You will also be required to work with others to establish excellent standards of work in a team environment. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Central CDD, Financial Crime, in Newcastle.
Your key responsibilities
You will, as a Central CDD team Manager, establish, embed and lead a team of CDD Analysts covering money laundering, terrorism and sanctions compliance to cover all financial crime client acceptance and continuance procedures for the UK&I Service Line. You will ensure the team are kept up-to-date with legal, regulatory and industry practice developments. Build strong working relationships with SaT Engagement Partners and their teams to guide, direct and consult on CDD related matters. Deal with escalations and approvals whilst providing the necessary support to the business by acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). Responsibilities include:
- Act as a CDD Team Ambassador and a dedicated point of contact across the SaT Service Line
- Working with the 2nd line financial crime team (UK&) to ensure all compliance requirements are met establishing good working relationships
- Assist in the review and maintenance of client on-boarding and monitoring procedures, assess engagement risk and update and amend as necessary
- Assist with stakeholder management within the business
- Provide training and technical guidance to raise awareness
- Support the Senior Manager, Central CDD, as required
- Identify and embedded operational efficiencies
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience in managing financial crime regulatory compliance at a similar level in a sophisticated business environment
- Strong technical experience
- Strong communication skills, capable of dealing with a wide range of stake-holders all the way to a senior level
- Experience of managing and developing others
- Operational excellence skills in managing and improving quality, and effectively managing change into the team
- Ability to establish a high degree of credibility, respect and trust at all levels
- Ability to take risk-based decisions and provide substantiated arguments
- Experience of working with onboarding complex fund structures
To qualify for the role you must have
- Previous experience in a similar for role and a strong proven track record
- CDD, KYC and operational experience at Manager or similar level in a multi-service line business Leadership and supervisory experience
- Strong analytical skills and strong risk awareness.
- Ideally, a relevant Financial Crime, AML qualification
Who we seek
We are looking for a Financial Crime Manager with experience working in a large, matrixed environment with a strong track record of success particularly in building and implementing financial crime processes and controls.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.