At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are the only professional services organization who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Manager in the Risk Management – Financial Crime Compliance team, you are required to lead and grow a team and to provide strategic sourcing services related to regulatory compliance, Financial Crime Compliance (FCC), corporate governance, enterprise risk management, internal controls and internal audit, to our clients in financial services (FSO) industry. You are also required to assist organizations to maintain effective and efficient controls, in order to manage organizational and strategic risks.
As part of the Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) practice and you will provide a well-integrated broad array of risk management services to capital market participants within global banking, capital markets, asset management and insurance. FSRM products and services include Anti-Money Laundering, Regulatory Compliance, Prudential Supervision, Bank Holding Company reporting, Credit Risk/ Capital Adequacy/ Liquidity Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Enterprise Risk, Structured Finance and Quantitative Advisory Services.
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Deliver assignments to a high level of client satisfaction and within budget
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Build an understanding of our solutions, share knowledge and be able to draw on subject matter specialists accordingly
- Leverage technology to continually learn, improve service delivery and maintain our leading-edge best practices
- Strong presentation skills and proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Self-motivated with lots of energy and drive
- Effective leadership, project management and teamwork skills
- Analytical skills; specifically, the ability to assess and decompose financial services industry processes utilizing a risk and control focus
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Post-graduate qualifications in AML/CFT or professional/ technical qualifications in risk management.
- Experience with the design, development and implementation of internal controls for financial services business processes, especially in FCC framework and strategy preferred.
To Qualify for the role, you must have
- Min 6 years relevant Financial Crime Compliance (AML/ CFT, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery & Corruption and Fraud) risk management, compliance experience in banking, insurance, asset management, and/or in a big public accounting firm; 2 – 3 years relevant Financial Crime Compliance risk management, compliance experience in banking, insurance, asset management, and/or in a big public accounting firm
- At least 5 years' experience in delivery of FCC-related technology projects, such as payments screening, transaction monitoring, &/or customer risk rating systems preferably at a large/ complex financial institution.
- Strong understanding of expectations of regulators such as MAS and HKMA. Knowledge of other major jurisdictions in ASEAN and practical experience in the industry a plus.
- Knowledge of the global risk and regulatory environment, especially developments in the FCC space.
- Graduate degree in law, finance or commerce preferred. Post-graduate qualifications in AML/ CFT, commerce.
- Industry related certification (e.g., CAMS or ICA diploma in AML)
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.