Location: McLean, Washington DC, Boston, Philadelphia, New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco
Companies today are facing increasingly complex challenges related to the management of their business information and systems – heightened regulatory scrutiny of the use of text messaging and third-party messaging applications, lack of routine data disposition practices to rein in exponential data growth, and limited organizational awareness of the legal and regulatory obligations they are under to retain data are just a few notable examples. At EY, our Information Governance professionals regularly support the largest companies build and enhance Information Governance programs that are designed to effectively manage complex information risks related to data retention and disposition, third-party messaging, and legal hold and discovery response processes.
Our Forensic & Integrity Services team is growing, and as an Information Governance Senior you’ll play a key role in that growth. Working with clients across all industries, you’ll develop innovative recommendations to some of the most challenging Information Governance issues around. Since we work with such a diverse portfolio of clients across industries, you can expect to take on a wide range of projects, making this a great place to develop your skills and business knowledge. We are routinely engaged by clients to perform assessments, strategic program design and implementation, tactical project execution across Information Governance domains, including records and information management, third-party messaging, legal holds, and discovery response.
Your key responsibilities
Because all clients have unique issues, it’s no exaggeration to say you’ll never be doing the same type of engagement for too long. You’ll work with our clients’ legal and compliance departments, IT, data governance and records management teams to develop practical solutions that address operational challenges.
Skills and attributes for success
- Managing the key components of a portfolio of Forensic projects, including strategy, planning, and execution
- Developing long-term relationships across a network of existing and potential clients, understanding their businesses to provide tailored insights
- Continuous learning related to our clients’ industries, identifying trends, risks, and opportunities for improvement
- Developing your team through constant coaching and feedback, providing challenging goals and guaranteeing your people have the skills, knowledge, and opportunities to grow
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Management, Information Science, Information Management, business or related field; Juris Doctorate; or 2 to 4 years’ related work experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services firm.
- Familiarity with Information Governance concepts, processes and terminology (e.g., ephemeral messaging, retention and disposition, data classification, legacy / ROT data disposition, legal holds, discovery response).
- Familiarity with Information Governance technology ecosystem and how it supports Information Governance processes including: enterprise content / document management systems, records management systems, archival systems, legal hold management systems, mobile device management systems, communication surveillance applications, privacy compliance management systems, data discovery and scanning, etc.
- Familiarity with the legal and regulatory environment governing corporate data, including: recordkeeping requirements, SEC/DOJ messaging guidance, US and global data privacy and protection laws, legal preservation, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including: experience reviewing and drafting corporate policies, procedures and other enablers; developing and presenting findings or recommendations; and interacting with external or client project teams.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to prioritize when working on multiple engagements.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, and the confidence to communicate complex technical concepts to a wide range of audiences.
- The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary.
- Access to reliable transportation to/from the EY office and client sites. A driver’s license is strongly recommended as ride share and public transportation options may not be available in all locations
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Achieved or working towards at least one professional designation, such as Information Governance Professional (IGP), Certified Records Manager (CRM), Certified eDiscovery Specialist (CEDS), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Information Professional (CIP)
- Relevant Information Governance, records and information management, or technology / data-focused regulatory compliance experience, preferably with a professional services firm.
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders that have the intellectual curiosity to actively pursue new knowledge in the rapidly changing world of Information Governance. Naturally you’ll need a firm technical foundation, as well as the ability to translate complex information into meaningful, actionable insights. But we’re not just looking for strong technical skills – we’re interested in people that have the ability to nurture relationships, both internal and external, and are committed to intimately understanding our client’s needs. If you’re looking to become part of a community of advisors where you’ll make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.