Location: Dallas, Chicago, Washington DC, McLean, NYC, Boston.
When our clients enter the complex world of doing business with the US Government, they rely on us to help them move through the process. Whether the challenge is a contract, grant or cooperative agreement, the rules and regulations in the federal marketplace require the type of experience found in our Government Contract Services (GCS) practice.
The opportunity With the increasing intricacies of procurement in government, we’re experiencing rapid growth in GCS. As a Manager in GCS, you’ll contribute to our growth by helping your clients forge financial relationships with some of the largest governmental agencies in the world, including the Department of Defense, NASA, General Services Administration, Department of Energy, and many more.
Your key responsibilities
Because of the complications of government accounting, no two projects will be the same. You’ll use your skills across the entire spectrum of contract services: allowable costs, audits, business systems, investigations, and termination proposals, to name a few. You’ll also be collaborating with colleagues across multiple service lines, so we’ll look to you to build relationships and identify opportunities for our client to benefit from our expertise in other areas.
Skills and attributes for success
· Managing the key components of a portfolio of GCS projects, including strategy, planning and execution
· Developing long-term relationships across a network of existing and potential clients, understanding their businesses to provide tailored insights
· Constantly implement process improvements for contract bidding and estimating systems
· Perform assessment and develop compliance programs
· Developing your team through constant coaching and feedback, providing challenging goals and guaranteeing your people have the skills, knowledge and opportunities to grow
To qualify for the role you must have –
· A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Law, Finance or related field
· 5 to 8 years’ relevant work experience
· In depth experience with DCAA, Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
· Achieved, or be working towards a professional designation, such as CPA, CFE, CFA
· Excellent project management skills and the ability to prioritize when working on multiple engagements
· Strong negotiation and influencing skills, and the confidence to communicate complex technical concepts to a wide range of audiences
What we look for
We’re interested in people that have a passion for helping clients make sense of the often complex process of government accounting. We’re not just looking for strong accounting skills – we’re interested in people that have the ability to nurture relationships – both internal and external – and are committed to intimately understanding our client’s needs. If you’re looking to become part of a community of advisors where you’ll make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.