Locations: Washington DC, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Los Angeles, San Jose, San Francisco
EY's Insurance and Federal Claims Services practice specializes in assisting policyholders to prepare, present, and resolve complex insurance claims resulting from events like fires, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, data breaches and supply chain disruptions.
The EY team offers a unique combination of accountants with prior claims experience, former insurance adjusters with engineering backgrounds, former FEMA professionals, and other claims professionals who combine to provide our clients with unparalleled expertise. We have the experience and flexibility to devise claim approaches to handle the simplest to the most complex claims.
Your key responsibilities
Because all clients have unique issues, it’s no exaggeration to say you’ll never be doing the same type of investigation for too long. You’ll work with our clients’ legal counsel, internal audit and compliance departments investigating complex issues and developing practical solutions that address operational challenges. It’s all about using your technical skills to creatively assess and resolve our clients’ needs from the front lines.
Skills and attributes for success
- Take responsibility for high quality execution and delivery of specific parts of the engagement
- Develop yourself and others through seeking and offering on-the-job coaching
- Oversee multiple projects ensuring the work meets the client’s needs
- Use technology to continually learn and share your knowledge with other team members
- Nurture relationships with professionals in other service lines and seek opportunities to work together
- Maintain a strong focus on the client and be responsive to their requests
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Law, Finance or related field, with a minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Achieved, or be working towards a professional designation, such as CPA, CFA, CFE
- Effective organization and time management skills and the ability to prioritize when working on multiple engagements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Relevant insurance related experience (property damage and business interruption claims) or disaster management experience, preferably with a professional services firm.
- Experience quantifying lost profits and/or damages
- Financial modeling and forecasting experience
- Strong Excel skills
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders that have the intellectual curiosity to actively pursue new knowledge in the rapidly changing world of fraud investigations. Naturally you’ll need a firm technical foundation, as well as the ability to translate complex information into meaningful, actionable insights. But we’re not just looking for strong technical skills – we’re interested in people that have the ability to nurture relationships, both internal and external, and are committed to intimately understanding our client’s needs. If you’re looking to become part of a community of advisors where you’ll make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.