At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture, and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
This is a high-profile role working with some of the world's largest companies and offers an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to the dynamic world of Transaction Forensics. Our team is highly ambitious and has significant growth aspirations over the next year.
EY's Forensic and Integrity Services – Sale and Purchase Agreements (SPA) team provides expert support to clients, investment banks, lawyers, and deal teams on Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) pricing mechanisms and the accounting aspects of SPAs, including support around any post-deal Completion Accounts. You will assist clients in their SPA negotiations and will interact with deal teams and clients across the transaction life cycle.
Your key responsibilities
You will manage and deliver advice around the price adjustment mechanisms on M&A transactions, working closely with clients, their bankers and legal advisers, transaction diligence teams, and other SPA team members. This may include analysis of cash, debt and working capital adjustments, preparation of pricing schedules, reviewing and commenting on the financial aspects of the SPA, assisting the client with their preparation or review of Completion Accounts, and performing Leakage reviews.
- Managing and contributing to the delivery of Transaction Forensics engagements, per agreed timeline and budget
- Adhering to Quality and Risk Management (QRM) to ensure client work is delivered consistently and in compliance with EY's quality standards
- Supporting negotiations with clients throughout the transaction, agreeing detailed and compelling outputs
- Providing insightful, deal-relevant points of view and recommendations to the client by leveraging your technical and commercial expertise
- Building valued relationships with internal contacts and external clients to support development of the engagement pipeline
- People and performance management, coaching of junior colleagues throughout the performance year
Skills and attributes for success
Interpersonal skills and risk management are key as you will be working closely with due diligence teams to identify and mitigate risk for clients, as well as developing a strong internal and external network. For the right candidate, this opportunity will provide stimulation and challenge, and the prospect of career development in a key specialism within the firm.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Fully qualified as a chartered accountant e.g. ACA / ACCA / CA / ICAS / ICAEW or international equivalent
- Experience coordinating M&A transactions in a managerial capacity
- Expertise in financial information analysis, including modelling, testing, documenting financial scenarios and anticipating challenges
- Project management and people management experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Commercial awareness and the desire to learn and share industry knowledge
- An application and solution-based approach to problem solving and a collaborative approach to management
- Strong negotiation capabilities, able to analyse strengths and weaknesses of opposing cases, formulate alternative scenarios, and advise on strategic implications
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple pressing assignments, and sensitive and adversarial situations
- Ability to communicate clearly to clients and other advisors, including confidently preparation and delivery of high calibre presentations and thought leadership
What we look for
We are looking for highly motivated team players who are hands-on and rigorous in their working style, and capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment. We’re interested in people with excellent analytical and negotiation techniques, and a desire to develop their specialist skill set in a high value-add area for corporate and private equity clients.
What we offer
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings, and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!