Requisition ID: 119634
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
The Senior Product Research Technician will complete a variety of requests to meet internal customer requirements through evaluation of products and test requests. The position is within the Global Materials Science department. This position's work will include preparing and testing samples/ tires with a variety of analytical testing instrumentation, completing root cause data analysis, uploading data to databases, writing technical reports and conclusions to test results, and assisting in writing standard operating procedures. The incumbent will handle requests independently, while also supporting engineers / scientists on higher complexity requests. This position will be on-site.
- Follow standard processes to complete tasks (including sample preparation, data collection, data analysis and post-processing).
- Perform data queries and analysis based on specific instructions or processes.
- Document and report test results and conclusions in formal technical reports
- Work with Engineers/Scientists to conduct root-cause analysis on tire integrity and plant support issues
- Support department in conducting/documenting process improvement, problem-solving and new test development projects.
- Assist with chemical inventory management and compliance with EHS policies (inventory intake, container labeling, container tracking and appropriate disposal)
- Maintain consumable inventory levels (tracking inventory levels and recommending re-order quantities)
- Perform basic instrument maintenance and calibrations as needed
Required Education and Experience
- • High School diploma or GED required.
- Associates degree in STEM related field and//or professional certification desired.
- 4+ years of experience in general industry, manufacturing or technical field or 1+ years of experience in general industry, manufacturing or technical field with an Associates degree in a relevant STEM field.
- Experience in laboratory settings is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Basic understanding of science and technology in the appropriate discipline
- Ability to carry-out assignments in a logical fashion – Using existing technology and standardized methods
- Basic comprehension of statistical design/cause and effect analysis and laboratory processes
- Basic organization, communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software – Desired
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 74,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.