Closing Date: Monday 26th July 2021 at 23:59 Hours
Your role will be work within the Digital Forensic Group, undertaking forensic examination and retrieval of evidence and intelligence from digital devices and related media. You will work within one of the newly established Digital Hubs across Hampshire.
Your responsibilities will be but not limited to:
1. To carry out forensic examinations of digital devices and media. Where applicable, secure and retrieve relevant data from those devices, in accordance with national and local guidelines. To be carried out by utilising proprietary and bespoke forensic hardware and software.
2. Extract data using suitable applications for the Officer in the Case (OIC) to view. Be able to facilitate viewing of the data by the OIC and advise accordingly, so that the OIC may understand the evidential significance of what has been recovered and use that material to further his/her investigation and for presentation in court.
3. Prepare reports and statements and have a working knowledge of the rules of evidence relating to seizure, preservation and admissibility. Advise CPS/Counsel in relation of digital evidence and if necessary present evidence in court in a clear and comprehensible manner.
4. Provide technical advice and assistance to colleagues in relation to forensic examinations and advise and give guidance before/during/after interviews and the validity of answers provided by suspect. Assist OIC with finding potential weaknesses in statements.
For more information please see the job profile
Competent Investigator Serious and Complex Crime (PIP2)
Staff Educated to QCF Level 6 in Computer Studies OR work experience deemed to have brought the postholder to a comparable level in a digital forensic subject.
1. Be able to demonstrate a comprehensive investigative/analytical capability
2. Experienced in the use of a wide range of operating systems. For example, Windows, Linux, MAC-OS, Android.
3. Comprehensive working knowledge of a wide variety of file systems.
4. Experience of producing detailed technical reports.
To apply for this job please visit careers.newjob.org.uk.