Requisition Number: 14906
Required Travel: 0 – 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Poly
Level of Experience: Senior
HII is seeking a Sr. Forensic Analyst professional to join our Cyber and Intelligence Team! This work is performed on customer site at Fort Meade to directly collaborate with data scientists, cryptologic and cryptanalytic programmers, reverse engineers, and intelligence planners to synergistically enable real-time solutions to be implemented at the speed of need.
As part of our Cyber and Intelligence team, you will be engaged in:
- Perform technical analysis of malicious binaries through controlled execution and/or static analysis of assembly code
- Overcoming techniques designed to defeat analysis, in order to ascertain functionality, capability, call-backs
- Assist with attribution to adversary software code and infrastructure
- Identification of indicators of compromise
- Provide information and documentation that enables malware detection, signature creation and mitigation
Our cyber professionals are defining the future of cybersecurity, providing the most effective prevention, detection, and responses to the broad spectrum and constant evolution of threat actors. Our experts provide actionable, timely intelligence that protects our nation from adversaries’ intent on disrupting our freedoms and harming our nation. Together, we are an integral part of an important mission — we go to work every day with the knowledge and pride that our accomplishments make a difference!
HII Mission Technologies is ranked #1 on Forbes List for Defense Contractors and ranked #11 Best Large Employers 2021-2022
What you will do
- Analysis of computer systems and media to determine source of malware to enable mitigation of vulnerabilities
- Work with network engineers, computer scientist and other intelligent analyst
What we are looking for
- 15 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 13 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; 10 years relevant experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 19 years relevant experience
- Degree must be in Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Technology or related field (e.g., General Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Forensics, Cyber Security, Software Engineering, Information Assurance, or Computer Security
- Clearance: Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI with Poly
Bonus points for…
- Experience desired in the design/development of computer or information systems, programming, computer/network security, vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, computer forensics, and/or systems engineering
- Completion of military training in a relevant area such as JCAC (Joint Cyber Analysis course) will be considered towards the relevant experience requirement (i.e., 24 week JCAC course will count as 6 months of experience)
This opportunity resides with Cyber & Electronic Warfare, a business group within HII’s Mission Technologies division. HII works within our nation’s intelligence and cyber operations communities to defend our interests in cyberspace. Our deep expertise in network architecture, software and hardware development, cybersecurity and the electromagnetic environment uniquely enables us to support sensitive missions for federal agency partners.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII’s skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.
HII is committed to cultivating an inclusive company culture to promote collaboration and enhance creativity by hiring a diverse work force. HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.