ID.me simplifies how people securely prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital migration for many critical services. Those services require a trusted identity to safeguard against fraud and help ensure people are who they claim to be. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with people, which can reduce the time and frustration of having to verify at multiple sites and set up multiple passwords.
ID.me is a credential service provider compliant with federal standards for digital identity verification.
In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
Vice President of Fraud
As the Vice President of Fraud, you will occupy a crucial, high-visibility position within ID.me, overseeing our comprehensive strategy for detecting, preventing, and investigating fraudulent activity. You'll lead a talented ensemble composed of a data science team crafting sophisticated fraud detection models and an investigative squad committed to dismantling fraudulent sites, detecting social engineering, and infiltrating fraud groups. You will lead your teams to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with product management, user experience, and our key technology vendors to secure our users' digital identities and protect our government and private sector partners.
- Oversee and drive the achievement of key performance indicators (KPIs) that measure the effectiveness of detecting and preventing fraudulent activity on the ID.me network while minimizing the impact on genuine users.
- Ensure the accuracy and precision of data signals used to evaluate user behavior and leverage analytical / machine learning capabilities to detect deviations from expected legitimate activity
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and Engineering to drive Product enhancements that detect and prevent fraudulent actors from accessing the ID.me network
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of our fraud prevention strategies, identifying trends and patterns in fraud attacks and implementing mitigation plans.
- Analyze how fraudulent users impact our cost basis and customer support functions, developing strategies to reduce their impact.
- Assess the customer experience, equity, and cost implications of non-fraudulent users flagged as fraud, and develop ways to minimize false positives.
- Conduct detailed analyses of the types of attacks we prevent and those that bypass our measures, improving our rules and processes accordingly.
- Build two-way feedback loops tied to both qualitative and quantitative fraud patterns with cross functional teams
- Integrate ubiquitous signals into our fraud detection and prevention strategies.
- Create consistent feedback loops with component vendors to drive improvement in Product performance to prevent fraud
- Audit segments of users categorized as specific types of fraud to ensure accurate classification
- Balance real-time fraud prevention efforts with a long-term machine learning approach to continually improve our fraud prevention capabilities.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders about fraud trends and our roadmap to mitigate them.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; Master's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in fraud prevention, ideally in the digital identity or fintech industries.
- Proven leadership and team management abilities.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to make informed decisions.
- Ability to balance the demands of real-time fraud prevention with a long-term, strategic approach.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Understanding of machine learning applications in fraud detection would be an advantage.
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.