We’re looking for a Financial Crime Analyst to join our Financial Crime Team. This is a Fixed Term Contract for 12 months, with the possibility of being extended or made permanent.
We believe we make a real difference to business owners, their teams, families and communities: they use our finance as a superpower either to seize opportunities for growth or move their business out from under the shadow of cashflow. It’s our mission to finance a million businesses and we won’t accept a world where they have to jump through unnecessary hoops and wait weeks, even months, for a decision. With iwoca businesses get the right finance with a few clicks, when and where they need it.
Since our launch in 2012, we have stayed true to our goals, and are now one of the biggest fintechs in Europe. Along the way, we have revolutionised lending with our cutting-edge tech platform, earned numerous industry awards, and made over billions available to more than 100,000 businesses.
Your mission will be:
- Investigating cases flagged as a potential fraud/AML risk. Including CIFAS flags, facial biometric anomalies, device based anomalies, signs of document tampering and more.
- Reviewing PEP/sanction/adverse media matches
- Taking ownership of customer verification on a case by case basis and driving what information is required to reduce the risk of fraud and money laundering.
- Identifying opportunities to improve our processes and implement changes which will make us more efficient
- Work closely with our Account Managers, Credit Analyst and Broker teams to maintain our high fraud prevention standards while ensuring a fast and slick service
- To use your solid understanding of the relevant regulations to mitigate AML and fraud risks
- To be able to apply a risk-based approach to tackling financial crime
We look for someone smart and motivated who is always looking to learn something new.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- At least 1 years’ experience within a financial crime related role
- Strong attention to detail and ability to stay focused while completing repetitive tasks
- Confident communicator who feels comfortable delivering constructive and candid feedback
- A confident and enthusiastic attitude that works well in a regularly changing and fast paced environment
- Problem solving attitude is a big win, we tend to make decisions based on limited knowledge or guidance every now and then
- A pragmatic, risk based approach to case investigation
- An analytical mindset with a practical approach to problem solving.
- Data analytics skills would be a bonus
Don’t take this list as prescriptive: it’s just to give you a sense of who might do well at the job. We’d still love to hear from you if you don’t hit every point on the list, or if you have other experience.
We’re looking to pay from £35,000 – £40,000 for this role. We routinely benchmark salaries against market rates, and regularly remunerate staff for their increasing value to our business.
We want to make iwoca a place where everyone feels welcome, where you can confidently be yourself. We understand that inclusivity, and diversity that comes through greater inclusivity, isn’t an optional add-on; it’s the core ingredient of what makes us great. We care about making iwoca a healthy and happy community for all of our team members to thrive in.
We put a lot of effort into making iwoca a brilliant place to work:
- Offices in London, Leeds and Frankfurt.
- Events and clubs, like bingo, comedy nights, yoga classes, football…
- Two company retreats a year, we’ve been to France, Italy, Spain and further afield
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our offices
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- 25 days’ holiday, an extra day off for your birthday and the option to buy or sell an additional 5 days of annual leave
- Instant access to emotional and mental health support with our partner, Spill
- Share options
- Generous maternity leave and shared parental leave
- A nursery tax benefit scheme to help you save money
- Paid volunteering time to support your chosen charity
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- One-month fully paid sabbatical after 4 years
- Cycle-to-work scheme and electric car scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- An L&D budget for everyone, including a book budget
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code