The primary responsibility of the AML/SAR Assistant Director is to assist the Director with implementation of both the Title 31 SOP and non-SOP related policies and procedures. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian | The Palazzo Casino Resort’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director with authoring department desktop procedures, compiling statistics and authoring management reports, assisting with the development of straight-through-processing automation, and becoming familiar with TrackVia, Cognos and ACSC data architecture.
- Serve as liaison to internal and external auditors and act in the capacity of Director when required.
- Supervise the output of all audit work to ensure that suspicious activity report narratives are accurate and complete and that SAR’s and CTR’s are filed within prescribed timeframes.
- Supervise the various audit processes routinely conducted by the AML/SAR Team and ensure that the audits are completed within prescribed timeframes and to the expected standard.
Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must possess 10 years in Casino, Banking or Financial Services field in the areas of research, analysis, review and compliance of financial transactions with at least 5 years of developing and managing suspicious activity/anti-money laundering programs.
- At least 4 years building, managing and developing staff responsible for preparing suspicious activity reports or equivalent type of documentation.
- Experience with analyzing customer financial transactions for Title 31 compliance in order to make accept/decline decisions.
- Experience as lead individual in implementing automated system solutions.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent research skills with the ability to analyze, document and present findings to management and related compliance committees.
- Experience with creating documentation and presenting training materials to internal constituents.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and intermediate knowledge of computer software applications, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Experience with LexisNexis or other research tools is desired.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain best practice solutions in all areas of the company.
- Must have highest level of professional ethics and integrity and be able to excel within a team setting and capable of sharing knowledge, mentoring and training other team members.
- Interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintains a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to The Venetian /Palazzo appearance standards.
- Maintains consistent adherence to The Venetian/Palazzo Unmatched Guest Service Standards.
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented and ever-changing environment.
- Able to maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts.
Posting Notes: || Nevada || Las Vegas || United States || Finance || Full-Time || [[company]] || [[department]] || [[zzReqBussUnit]] || [[eeoJobCat]] || [[zzReqCostCentre]] || Venetian || 2622 || Regular ||