The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is committed to enabling a sustainable future. Our unmatched science unlocks immense possibilities at the molecular level, driving sustainable and measurable results to help the world Move Cleaner, Create Smarter and Live Better. Our solutions are used by people every day, improving billions of lives around the world.
We value diversity in professional backgrounds and life experiences. By enabling a consistent, unbiased, and transparent recruitment process, Lubrizol seeks to create a positive experience for candidates so we can get to know them at their best. We recognize unique work and life situations and offer flexibility, ensuring our employees feel engaged and fulfilled in every aspect of life.
Senior Regulatory Compliance Specialist
UK (Hazelwood or Blackley, Manchester)
Lubrizol’s European Product Safety and Compliance department have an opening for a Senior Regulatory Compliance Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will lead product regulatory activities to ensure compliance with the appropriate chemical control laws for the European region. As such, the role requires expert knowledge of chemical control regulations combined with chemistry knowhow, awareness of business strategies/processes/supply chains and strong competence in internal/external systems to establish compliance to meet the corporation’s Ethical and Legal Conduct guidelines.
What you will do
You will be accountable for leading product regulatory activities in the European region through monitoring, developing and implementing strategies/programs to ensure compliance with the required chemical control laws including:-
- Lead and manage strategic regulatory compliance activities for the corporation in the European region
- Lead the completion of new and existing chemical notifications and registrations to gain regulatory clearance for the import, manufacture and use of new/existing chemistry
- Identify and resolve potential product compliance issues consistent with the corporation’s Ethical and Legal Conduct Guidelines, to minimise impact on manufacture and sale of products
- Lead the continuous improvement of our European compliance processes to ensure optimal effective management
- Provide regulatory guidance/consultancy to business and R&D organizations in the region on compliance strategies for new and existing products
- Proactively monitor, evaluate business impact and communicate new and amended legislation and regulations
- Train, mentor and develop less experienced staff
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree or higher in Chemistry, Toxicology, Chemical Engineering or related scientific discipline
- >5 years experience in a regulatory discipline or having other related industrial experience
- Knowledge and experience in product regulatory compliance management, especially EU, UK and Türkiye REACH compliance
- Proficient with IUCLID and common business related ERP computer software programs such as SAP
- Experience in participation of industry consortia
- Understanding of related fields of hazard communication, transportation regulations and toxicology
- Project management experience and results driven
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a global team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and appropriately manage priorities for self and organisation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Strategic Thinking, Global Perspective, Effective Communication, Focus on Customers, Talent Development
If you’re interested in the position, we encourage you to apply. Lubrizol is always looking for candidates who embody our cultural beliefs in everything they do. If you’re All In, Lead Decisively, Take Action, Think External, and can Be Courageous, Lubrizol could be the place for you.