This is a regulatory affairs position with a focus on business licensing and filings for Century Automotive Service Company, a MAPFRE U.S.A. Corp. affiliate, state regulatory compliance, and assistance, support and maintenance of procedures for the Marketing and Client Services departments to ensure global compliance for vehicle service-related products.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in concepts, practices and compliance techniques for the vehicle service contract industry;
- Ability to understand complex legal and regulatory issues and laws, including the understanding of methodologies for researching, analyzing and mitigating compliance risks;
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including ability to speak effectively and make inquiries as needed;
- Solid command of English language, grammar and punctuation, including the ability to compose reports and correspondence on a routine basis;
- Manage and promptly respond to notices of renewal and request for additional documentation from regulatory authorities, including managing inquiries from state regulators and negotiating same, and requests for compliance information from affiliates, employees and agents;
- Good prioritization and time management skills; extremely organized; strong attention to detail, accuracy and follow-up; and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to make accurate and timely decisions based on business parameters, needs and requirements.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university preferred and/or four years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (juris doctor highly preferred);
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a compliance or law capacity in the vehicle service contract field;
- Strong familiarity with NAIC, SERFF and regulatory state filings;
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat;
- Strong research capabilities.
At MAPFRE, the safety of our employees matters. We have taken vital steps across all offices from the improvements to our air ventilation, the installation of touch-free devices, to embracing social distancing and requiring medical self-screening to ensure the safety of our employees. We embrace the ability to collaborate with peers in-office, while also offering a flexible work arrangement for many roles in our organization.
If you require an accommodation for a disability so that you may participate in the selection process, you are encouraged to contact the MAPFRE Insurance Talent Acquisition team at .
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.