Regulatory Compliance Representative
- Coordinate, complete, and file government, state and federal, regulatory and compliance documents for operations in New Mexico, Oklahoma, or Texas.
- Ensures company is compliant with applicable regulations related to company operations.
- Stays abreast of regulatory issues and new or changing regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities performed by the position:
- Manage all regulatory and permitting activities associated with drilling and operations of wells for assigned area
- States covered may include New Mexico, Oklahoma, or Texas
- Develop business relationships with professionals at regulatory agencies to ensure knowledge of the rules and compliance
- Provide guidance to teams on local, state and federal permitting and operating requirements to ensure compliance
Skills and Expertise
- Ability to read and interpret technical drilling reports and understand oil and gas terminology
- Knowledge of state and federal rules and regulations.
- Ability to read, research and comprehend regulatory issues related to oil and gas operations
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain effective relationships with various regulatory agencies and all levels of company staff and management.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum five (5) years of regulatory experience in the oil and gas industry
- Good organization and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Health, Environment, Safety and Security || Not Applicable || || 31872 ||