Head of AML and Regulatory Compliance
Location: Hybrid New York City
- 8-10+ years experience in a senior AML role at a regulated financial services company, preferably with money transmission licenses (“MTLs”)
- Track record of program development, including policy and procedure authoring
- Proficient in AML and sanctions regulatory requirements, with a history of engaging with MTL regulatory authorities
- Ability and enthusiasm for both strategic thinking and hands-on implementation work
- Inquisitive mindset and the capacity to gain insights into the market, product, and customer, enabling informed counsel on technical and practical regulatory matters
- Exhibits the poise and gravitas necessary to represent Melio before relevant regulatory bodies
- Strong relationship-building skills with internal clients at all levels, and adept at collaborating within cross-functional teams to craft and deliver solutions for complex legal and business challenges
- Effective at multitasking and able to manage multiple time-sensitive tasks
- Robust analytical and problem-solving capabilities combined with the detail orientation to deliver product that will withstand regulatory scrutiny
- Able to operate autonomously and as part of a collaborative effort
- Familiarity with B2B payments and credit card programs
- Experience working in an early-stage fintech
A day in the life and how you’ll make an impact:
- In partnership with the Product and Risk teams, designing and building a fully compliant AML program that is appropriate given Melio’s product offerings and the customers it serves
- Serving as the company’s AML Officer and representing the company in its dealings with our money transmission licensing authorities
- Designing and assisting with building other appropriate compliance infrastructure to support Melio’s growth to scale
- Drafting and implementing policies & procedures as necessary
- Overseeing the design and implementation of training and control testing
- Managing incoming and outgoing compliance-related diligence requests in connection with partnerships and vendor relationships
- Managing responses to subpoenas and compliance-related legal process
About the team:
Rigorous management of legal issues and strict compliance with all applicable laws and regulations is core to Melio’s culture and the value proposition we offer to our customers and partners. From a cultural perspective, doing the right thing is fundamental to our core values. We firmly believe that our company will do well by doing good. On the customer and partner side, we know that we need to earn and preserve the trust of the people we do business with. We are, after all, in the business of managing and moving other people’s money. The essence of this relationship is trust, and that trust must be built on the policies, procedures, and controls that the Legal and Compliance team supports.
About Melio USA:
- Competitive compensation packages: We strive to make each and every employee feel valued and appreciated.
- The annual base salary range for this position is $210,000 – $240,000
- Medical, dental, vision: We offer highly competitive and selected plans with 100% coverage, FSA and HSA.
- 401K matching and stock options: Feel the investment of working at a hyper-growth startup.
- Wellness: We take a holistic approach to wellness at Melio with a focus on providing financial, physical, emotional, social, and community support for our employees.
- Time Off: Time to rest and recharge is a priority for us. We offer competitive vacation time, sick days, holidays, parental leave and wedding days to allow you to take the time you need, when you need it.
- Food perks: Enjoy our fully stocked kitchens, along with a weekly Seamless stipend and plenty of catered meals each week.
- Office culture: Thrive in our collaborative offices in New York City or Denver, in a hybrid working environment. We are dog friendly as well!
- Growth and development: Lean on the diverse team to foster professional and personal growth through workshops, mentorship programs, and team building activities.
Melio builds business-to-business (B2B) payment tools so small business owners can spend less time in the back office and more time on their craft. As the fastest-growing B2B payment platform in the US, Melio is working hard to find new and better ways to help small businesses succeed in the ways that work best for them.
Melio's diversity, equity and inclusion efforts have always been a top priority within our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all of our employees encompass different strengths, experiences and backgrounds. DEI within Melio prioritizes race, gender, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts that make up one's identity. Having a diverse team across all offices is key to our success, and inclusion is each #TeaMelio member's responsibility.