- Full Time
As a mission-driven fintech platform, OppFi helps everyday Americans gain access to credit with digital specialty finance products. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we support the millions of consumers who are turned away by mainstream options to build better financial health. Financial inclusion is at the heart of OppFi's mission and remains at the core of what we do.
And it starts with our team here. We are a team of caring, innovative, and inclusive individuals who thrive in being immersed in diverse talents, expertise, perspectives, and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We welcome individuals who want to make an impact in the financial system by facilitating credit access, building and promoting financial health, and delivering exceptional customer service.
A few other fun facts about us. OppFi is one of the top consumer-rated financial platforms online, maintaining a 4.5/5.0-star rating on Trustpilot. We are a 2023 Crain’s Chicago Fast 50™ company and were named on Built In's 2023 Best Places to Work in Chicago.
What you get to do:
- Lead and participate in developing enterprise fraud-related strategic plans and policies that protect our customers, reduce losses, and exceed the expectations of auditors and examiners
- Consult with enterprise Credit, Product, Compliance, Marketing, and 1st Line Operations teams to articulate fraud strategy, tools, and methodologies as well as bring forward fraud trends and industry best practices
- Lead and champion cross-functional working groups related to fraud operations, including partnership with BSA/AML and second line teams
- Develop a high performing, result oriented fraud operations team
- Oversee the case management system and system changes, including business requirements and testing
- Leverage data to gain insights to drive operations efficiency, accountability, and effectiveness; Identify opportunities to drive automation in fraud operations processes
- Develop & evolve fraud operations KPIs and SLAs
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience in leading fraud strategy, fraud risk assessments, influencing executive leaders, and resolving complex business problems through critical thinking and analysis
- Experience providing leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment that encourages associate participation, teamwork, and communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a customer focus mind-set
- Experience with state of art industry practices for preventive fraud mitigation
- Strong analytical skills to perform research and analysis
- Self‐motivated, with the capability to manage across multiple priorities and efficient in proposing practical solutions
- Leadership and strategic planning skills, people management skills and track record of building and leading teams
- CFE certification preferred
Reports to: VP, Operations Strategy
Job Level: Director
The minimum salary for this role is $150,000. The total compensation package includes eligibility for performance-based bonuses as well as a 1-time equity grant based on level.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations.
Total Rewards and Benefits
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash, and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
OppFi is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any actual or perceived legally recognized protected bases under local, state, or federal law or regulations. Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at firstname.lastname@example.org.