Are you passionate about building great products? Do you want to redefine the way travellers explore the world? Keen to be part of this growth journey with a bunch of amazing people? Then Pelago is the place for you!
We are looking for ambitious and motivated talents who are excited about staying on the cutting edge of Technology and always keen on innovating new ways to drive growth and taking our startup to new heights.
WHO ARE WE?
Pelago is a travel experiences platform created by Singapore Airlines Group. Think of us as a travel magazine that you can book – highly curated, visually inspiring, with the trust and quality of Singapore Airlines. We connect you with global, local cultures and ideas so you can expand your life.
We are a team of diverse, passionate, empowered, inclusive, authentic and open individuals who share the same values and strive towards a common goal!
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
– A unique opportunity to take end-to-end ownership of your workstream to deliver real value to users.
– Platforms to solve real user problems concerning travel planning & booking with innovative products/services.
– An amazing peer group to work with, and the ability to learn from the similarly great minds around you.
– An opportunity to be an integral part of shaping the company’s growth and culture with a diverse, fun, and dynamic environment with teammates from different parts of the world.
– Competitive compensation and benefits – including work flexibility, insurance, unlimited annual leave, remote working and more!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
As a Data Scientist at Pelago, you will contribute to our exciting projects in the following ways:
– Build models for risk mitigation including Payment risk and platform abuse
– Build, validate, test, and deploy machine learning models with millisecond latency.
– Review live performance and continuously improve upon the model
– Work closely with the rest of the Engineering and Product team to collaborate on new features
WHAT EXPERTISE YOU NEED TO HAVE?
– Bachelor’s/ Master’s/ PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field, with research experience in ML/AI
– 5+ years of relevant experience building and deploying machine learning models
– Prior experience with machine learning problems in the areas of risk modelling
– High level of proficiency in Python and ability to produce production-ready code
– Strong foundations in math and statistics – including but not limited to basic machine learning algorithms – linear regression, decision trees, ensemble models, Neural networks, Embeddings
– Experience with ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch
– Ability to query data from relational and non-relational databases using SQL
– Experience in one of the cloud services (AWS, GCP or Azure)
– Strong communication skills to make complex ML/AI concepts understandable to different streams in the team
If you’re as excited as we are in this journey, do apply directly with a copy of your full resume and portfolio (if any). We’ll reach out to you as soon as we can!