Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE's Compliance team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Senior Regulatory Compliance Analyst position!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position will be discussed in further detail during the interview process.
The Sr. Regulatory Compliance Analyst primarily focuses on Gas Pipeline Safety and NERC investigations from start to finish which includes initial fact finding, extent of conditions, root cause analysis, corrective actions, etc. The position is also responsible for conducting in-depth research, planning, developing, and implementing compliance programs to ensure the company meets all federal, state, and other regulatory requirements. Works independently to provide guidance to internal departments regarding regulatory compliance. Designs and leads employee training on relevant regulations as needed. Participates in and contributes to federal and state rulemaking proceedings. Monitors and interprets federal and state regulations, orders and rules to stay informed of current and changing requirements.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety. Demonstrates commitment to conduct business honestly, ethically and consistent with our core values and Code of Conduct. Ensures duties are performed in accordance with all regulatory compliance obligations.
- Researches and remains current on federal, state and other statutes, regulations and orders.
- Assists in the planning, development and implementation of programs to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Assists in developing training programs to ensure employees are knowledgeable regarding regulatory compliance issues and conducts necessary training.
- Coordinates with compliance personnel in other departments to meet compliance standards and timelines.
- Provides input into federal and state rulemaking proceedings.
- Performs investigations when necessary, related to potential regulatory/compliance violations.
- Works cooperatively with staff from other departments to communicate pending or upcoming regulatory proposals and obtain input from others in aligning regulatory proposals with the company objectives.
- Takes the lead in website design and posting of pages and forms.
- Gathers information from multiple sources to gain a thorough understanding of issues; develops appropriate response and feedback.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to internal compliance staff and program managers across the organization.
- Disseminates timely communication on all related compliance matters.
- Provides support and maintenance of department’s website.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, economics, and finance, engineering or applicable field, and five years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills including ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new and upgraded computerized systems to job responsibilities, including use of software tracking mechanism for compliance issues, word-processing, spreadsheets and presentation programs.
- Understanding of federal and state rules and regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access, or other database applications.
- Ethics, compliance and/or business conduct experience in utility sector or other regulated industry.
- Understanding of utility operations and regulations.
- Knowledge of compliance regulations and processes specific to the department/area of hire.
This role will be posted at two levels and only one will be filled: Sr. Regulatory Compliance Analyst (4554) and Regulatory Compliance Consultant (4553).
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer a competitive compensation and rewards package.
The pay range for this position is $76,500.00 – $127,200.00, and this position is eligible for annual goals based incentive bonuses.
PSE offers a suite of benefits to our employees. Employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, basic life, and short- and long-term disability insurance. There are additional voluntary options of supplemental life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent daycare, and an Employee assistance program (EAP). For long term savings, PSE offers a 401(k) investment option and a cash balance retirement plan. Employees will also receive Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays throughout the calendar year. Detailed benefit overviews can be found on our Career page – Why Work For Us (pse.com).
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.