Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE's Transmission team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Transmission Policy & Contracts – Regulatory Compliance Consultant position!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position will be discussed in further detail during the interview process.
Puget Sound Energy’s Transmission Policy and Contracts department is looking for a Regulatory Compliance Consultant to join our team! This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role at PSE to meet our new clean energy goals and to drive a transformation of the region’s generation and transmission portfolio.
This Regulatory Compliance Consultant role is responsible for processing transmission and generator interconnection customer requests for service per PSE’s Open Access Transmission Tariff (OATT). The Regulatory Compliance Consultant manages the transmission and interconnection customer relationship from initial request through contract execution and ongoing contract management. We’re looking for candidates with a background in a variety of fields including electric utility operations, project management, engineering, contract management, or wholesale power markets.
In addition to managing the transmission and interconnection customer relationship, they provide guidance and oversight in researching, planning, developing and implementing PSE’s FERC transmission and Open Access Transmission Tariff (OATT) compliance program to ensure the Company meets all federal, state and other regulatory requirements. They also advise internal departments of regulatory requirements and develop and conduct employee training on relevant requirements. The Regulatory Compliance Consultant monitors and interprets federal and state regulations, orders and rules to stay informed of current and changing requirements and provides input into federal and state rulemaking proceedings.
As with all PSE employees, the Regulatory Compliance Consultant is expected to promote and support a culture of total safety, demonstrate commitment to conduct business honestly, ethically and consistent with PSE’s core values and Code of Conduct and to ensure duties are performed in accordance with all regulatory compliance obligations.
- Processes FERC transmission and generator interconnection customer requests for service per PSE’s OATT and FERC regulations
- Manages transmission and interconnection agreements from contract negotiation through execution and ongoing contract management
- Responds to customer inquiries and coordinates work with multiple internal departments
- Coordinates work with outside affected entities
- Trains and mentors members of the Transmission Policy and Contracts team
- Researches and remains current on federal, state and other statutes, regulations and orders.
- Plans, develops and implements PSE’s FERC transmission and Open Access Transmission Tariff compliance program to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Develops training programs to ensure employees are knowledgeable regarding regulatory compliance issues and conducts necessary training.
- Coordinates with compliance personnel to meet compliance standards and timelines in other departments.
- Directs activity for the testing, monitoring and support of high level assessment by business unit in regard to formal audits.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors to provide support and address audit concerns; implements responsive and corrective solutions.
- Performs investigations, as necessary, related to potential regulatory/compliance violations.
- Provides input into federal and state rulemaking proceedings.
- Works cooperatively across the organization and company where applicable, to communicate pending or upcoming regulatory proposals and for obtaining input in aligning regulatory proposals with the company objectives.
- Develops complete and executable plans.
- Supports assessments of the effectiveness of compliance controls.
- Formulates sound control practices and processes for managing potential risks and exposures.
- Maintains oversight of monitoring and tracking of employee required compliance training.
- Provides support of the department’s website.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in business, accounting, finance, economics or engineering or applicable field and eight years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-directed and willing to mentor peers and team members.
- Thorough understanding of utility operations and regulations, and as may be related to specific area of regulatory/compliance specialty for department.
- Thorough understanding of federal and state rules and regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access or other database applications.
- Strong complex problem solving skills
- CPA, MBA, JD, PE, PMP or experience in contract management, utility operations, project management, or wholesale power markets.
- Understanding of FERC transmission and OATT compliance regulations and processes specific to the department/area of hire.
- This job will be filled either as a Regulatory Compliance Consultant or as a Regulatory Policy Consultant depending on the qualifications of the chosen candidate.
- This is a hybrid position meaning that the employee may work both remotely and from the PSE Bellevue office. At least 50% of work time will be in the office.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer a competitive compensation and rewards package.
The pay range for this position is $85,000.00 – $141,500.00, and this position is eligible for annual goals based incentive bonuses.
PSE offers a suite of benefits to our employees. Employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, basic life, and short- and long-term disability insurance. There are additional voluntary options of supplemental life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent daycare, and an Employee assistance program (EAP). For long term savings, PSE offers a 401(k) investment option and a cash balance retirement plan. Employees will also receive Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays throughout the calendar year. Detailed benefit overviews can be found on our Career page – Why Work For Us (pse.com).
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.