Quanterix is a company that is digitizing biomarker analysis with the goal of advancing the science of precision health. The company’s ultra-sensitive detection solution, Simoa, has the potential to change the way in which healthcare is provided today by giving researchers the ability to closely examine the role of biomarkers in the continuum of health to disease. Quanterix’ technology is designed to enable much earlier disease detection, better prognosis and precise treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for research applications in several therapeutic areas, including oncology, neurology, cardiology, inflammation and infectious disease.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Security Incident Response Engineer in Billerica, MA to join our growing organization and Information Security team. This individual will work within the Security Operations team, reporting to the Associate Director, IT Infrastructure and Security Operations. You will respond to security events, conduct analysis of threats such as malware and intrusion attempts, and provide security services to safeguard highly sensitive data. You will work hands-on with detection systems and vulnerability analysis tools to respond to potential threats to Quanterix systems. You should be prepared to relentlessly resolve security issues by gathering and analyzing event data and conducting root-cause analysis. With your technical expertise, you will be solving security challenges at scale, working to protect the applications that support Quanterix and our fast-growing business. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of forensics, malware analysis, network security, application security, threat hunting, and threat intelligence.
What You’ll Do:
- As a SME, you will be responsible for leading incidents, investigations, and security initiatives
- You will be a security multiplier and help the team scale security incident response at Quanterix
- Prepare post-mortem reports of incidents and present findings to the broader team
- Create runbooks to ensure smooth handling of all security incidents
- Lead and participate in incident response tabletop exercises to validate and improve existing processes and procedures and trains others to understand their roles and responsibilities during an incident
- Monitor and Analyze security logs to identify potential security breaches
- Assesses all vulnerabilities within the environment, conducts risk-based prioritization of vulnerabilities and assists in remediation.
- Builds effective relationships with key stakeholders who own and support IT infrastructure, applications, processes, and operations.
- Responding to security incidents and coordinating a cohesive response involving multiple teams across Quanterix
- Providing security engineering solutions and support during customer-facing incidents, proactively considering the prevention of similar incidents from occurring in the future
- Assisting in the development of pragmatic solutions that achieve business requirements while maintaining an acceptable level of risk
- Identifying and recommending solutions that improve or expand Quanterix incident response capabilities
- Working alongside Information Security and Infrastructure Operations engineers to improve security, reduce and quickly address risk
- Evaluating the impact of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research to Quanterix, coordinating response as necessary across affected teams
- Keeping your knowledge and skills current with the rapidly changing threat landscape
- Participating in an on-call rotation
What We’ll Expect From You:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in areas such as incident response, systems security, network, and/or application security
- Hands-on working experience with Microsoft Cloud Security, O365, Azure AD, Azure Identities and governance, Identity and Access Management, Microsoft Azure Sentinel, Azure Information Protect, Cloud App Security, MS Defender, Microsoft Cloud App Security and Endpoint Security
- Experience in working with vulnerability management solutions, SIEM solutions, endpoint technologies such as CrowdStrike and similar industry technology solutions
- Understanding of best practices in security engineering, including secure development, network security, security operations, systems security, and incident response
- Technical depth in one or more specialties including: application security, infrastructure security, digital forensics, malware analysis, threat hunting or some combination thereof
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities, attacker exploit techniques, and methods for their remediation
- Experience with common security monitoring, log analysis and forensic tools
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Scripting skills (E.g.: Python, Perl, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Dedicated and passionate about cyber security technologies and is constantly learning and evolving to have awareness of current hacking techniques and cybercrime and keeps pace with the industry's latest trends to address these threats
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required for coordinating responses to sophisticated incidents across the organization with many non-technical and technical stakeholders
- Technical security background and understanding of network fundamentals and common Internet protocols
- Experience triaging and developing security alerts and response automation, conducting front-line analysis, and providing escalation support
- Relevant industry certifications from SANS, ISC2, etc
Why You’ll Like Working For Us:
Our Technology: Quanterix’ technology is designed to enable much earlier disease detection, better prognoses and enhanced treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for research applications in several therapeutic areas. The company was established in 2007 and is in Billerica, Massachusetts. For additional Information, please visit https://www.quanterix.com.
Our Commitment to Employees: At Quanterix, we take pride in our employees' incredible work ethic, and we want to reward and recognize that by offering competitive compensation and a 401k plan with an employer match, as well as competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents. We also offer an unlimited vacation policy to all exempt employees, and a generous PTO policy for non-exempt employees. All employees are awarded Equity, and we have an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a Performance Bonus, and 1:1 Financial Counseling/Planning. We also offer Tuition Assistance. We have a free, state-of-the-art onsite fitness center for all employees. To keep you fueled up, we provide onsite employees free snacks and drinks every day!
Quanterix is committed to a Diverse and Inclusive workplace. Quanterix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Quanterix will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.