Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build…
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
About the team + role
The Financial Crimes Team at Robinhood works across a number of verticals in an effort to protect our customers, and ensure compliance with all relevant Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions, and Anti-Bribery and Corruption laws, rules and regulations. As our Team of passionate professionals continues to evolve the program, we are focused on leveraging innovative thinking and technology to create a best-in-class Financial Crimes Program.
As a Senior Specialist within the Financial Crimes Risk & Control team within Financial Crimes Governance, you’ll play a crucial role in ensuring a proper framework is in place to support the firm’s AML, KYC (CIP, CDD, and EDD), Sanctions and ABC Programs, through supporting the ongoing risk assessment and program management efforts across Financial Crimes and relevant stakeholder teams. The successful candidate demonstrates deep subject matter knowledge across Financial Crimes as well as risk management frameworks.
It is preferred that this role is located in one of the office locations listed on this job description which will align with our in-office working environment. This position is only eligible for remote work in limited geographies within the US where we do not have physical office locations. Please connect with your recruiter for more information regarding our in-office philosophy and expectations.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Coordinate the execution of a wide-array of risk assessments including; Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSA), Enterprise-wide, and legal entity specific, Financial Crimes (AML/Sanctions/ABC) Risk Assessments, Product Risk Assessments and, Country Risk Assessments
- Ensuring risks, processes, and controls are inventoried accurately
- Develop and maintain internal process documentation and controls including policies, procedures and desktop procedures, among others.
- Look for opportunities to be more efficient while maintaining a strong control environment
- Act as a liaison for FinCrimes on key enterprise projects and initiatives
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, in a related field
- 5+ years working in a financial crimes related compliance function
- Experience in a governance and/or program management role
- Experience with risk frameworks (processes, controls, risk assessment), including Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) systems
- Experience leading or assisting with low to moderately complex projects and initiatives
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Experience communicating with cross-functional partners and multiple levels of management / leadership
- ACAMS or relevant Risk Management certification is nice to have, but not required
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.