AT A GLANCE
Are you passionate about improving consumer access to health and wellness information? RVO Health is the world’s largest and fastest-growing digital health platform with over 700 employees. At the core of RVO Health is one of the largest brands in RVO Health – Healthline Media – a business that attracts nearly 90MM unique visitors per month in the US, and 200MM globally to its science and evidence-based, yet easy to understand content. Through its brands Healthline.com, Healthgrades.com, MedicalNewsToday.com, Greatist.com, and PsychCentral.com, the company delivers medically reviewed consumer content, tools, and experiences to help users make better health decisions.
We have an opportunity for a compliance professional to join a fun, dynamic and collaborative legal and compliance team. Experience in the consumer-facing digital health space or healthcare technology industry is a plus. In this role you will play a key role in RVO Health’s health care compliance program, supporting our business in meeting a myriad of legal and regulatory requirements, including Medicare and state licensure.
Where You`ll Be:
To prioritize togetherness, culture, and accountability, RVO Health operates on a hybrid in-office work schedule. We expect employees to work from our South Charlotte office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week. You are welcome to work remotely Mondays and Fridays if you wish.
Address: 1101 Red Ventures Dr Fort Mill, SC 29707
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute a compliance audit program to monitor compliance with laws, contractual agreements, and third parties.
- File and maintain required licenses across all states, including insurance, business, and all other licenses RVO Health needs to operate.
- Maintain policies, procedures, and other program documentation.
- Monitor and maintain meticulous, accurate, and up-to-date documentation for compliance purposes.
- Coordinate employee training on compliance policies and requirements.
- Answer compliance-related questions from employees.
- Monitor developments in health care laws and regulations across the United States and assist in assessing their applicability to company products and services.
- Conduct legal, regulatory, and compliance-related research to support the compliance and legal functions.
What We’re Looking For
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in healthcare compliance, with a focus on Medicare and health insurance licensure.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations.
- A business acumen with the ability to interact and communicate across all levels.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Growth-mindset, with a passion for learning and solving problems.
- Ability to work independently to execute on program and company initiatives.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exude the appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning and organization abilities.
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and high attention to detail within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work across a variety of compliance related projects.
- Experience working within an internal compliance program.
- Knowledge of and experience with HIPAA, Medicare, and other healthcare industry and regulatory requirements.
- Active holder of state insurance licenses + Health LOA across all states.
- BS/BA required; in a relevant field is preferred.
- Preferred experience researching, interpreting, and reporting on a myriad of laws and regulations.
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $80,000 – $100,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
We do not provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time.