About Salary Finance
Working with employers, we provide a financial wellbeing platform as an employee benefit, helping employees to understand their money better, get out of debt faster and save for their future. We already have a reach of over 4,000,000 employees through our relationships with over 600 of the biggest companies in the UK.
By improving employee financial wellbeing, we have a very real and meaningful impact on people’s lives. We remove the stress and worry associated with financial difficulties by dramatically reducing the interest rates employees pay on their personal debt, and provide them with the tools needed to start saving sooner and be more financially secure. We are backed by some of the biggest brands, including investments from Blenheim Chalcot (the UK’s leading venture builder), Legal and General (the FTSE 100 insurer and asset manager), Experian and Goldman Sacs, and funding partnerships with JP Morgan and Virgin Money.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian, the Telegraph, CityAM and the Institute of Directors.
Your role in our mission
We are seeking a highly proficient and experienced Deputy MLRO (Money Laundering Reporting Officer) to join our organisation. The Deputy MLRO will assume a pivotal role in supporting the MLRO in the oversight and management of the company's anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing (CTF) initiatives, ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements and industry best practices within the UK financial services market.
What you’ll do
- Assist in AML/CTF Program Governance:
- Collaborate closely with the MLRO to formulate, implement, and enhance AML/CTF policies, procedures, and controls in alignment with UK regulatory frameworks and industry guidelines.
- Stay abreast of changes in AML/CTF legislation, regulations, and emerging trends, and proactively update internal policies and protocols to maintain compliance.
- Understand and articulate AML risk associated with new products and initiatives as appropriate.
- Conduct periodic risk assessments and reviews to identify potential vulnerabilities and deficiencies in the AML/CTF program, and recommend appropriate remedial measures as required.
- Transaction Monitoring and Investigation:
- Develop and implement robust transaction monitoring rules to detect suspicious and fraudulent behaviour.
- Supervise the transaction monitoring process to detect and investigate suspicious activities, including the analysis of alerts generated by automated monitoring systems.
- Conduct thorough investigations into suspected instances of money laundering or terrorist financing, collate pertinent documentation and evidence, and escalate findings to the MLRO for further evaluation and reporting.
- Foster collaboration with internal stakeholders such as Compliance, Legal, and Operations teams to ensure timely and effective resolution of AML/CTF-related issues.
- Reporting and Documentation:
- Prepare and submit suspicious activity reports (SARs) and other regulatory filings to the MLRO in accordance with UK regulatory requirements and prescribed deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation and collection of Management Information related to AML activities.
- Maintain meticulous and comprehensive records of AML/CTF-related activities, investigations, and decisions, ensuring the orderly organisation and accessibility of documentation for internal and external audits.
- Support the MLRO with the completion of the annual MLRO report and the annual Anti-Money Laundering Risk Assessment.
- Training and Awareness Initiatives:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of AML/CTF training programs tailored to employees across all levels of the organisation, ensuring comprehensive understanding of roles and responsibilities in combating financial crime.
- Cultivate a culture of compliance and ethical conduct by raising awareness of AML/CTF risks and regulatory obligations throughout the company.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Advanced qualifications or professional certifications (e.g., CAMS, ICA Diploma in AML) are highly desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of at least 3 years in Financial Crime compliance within the UK financial services sector, coupled with a robust understanding of pertinent regulations and regulatory expectations.
- Proven track record of effectively managing financial crime programmes, conducting in-depth investigations, and preparing regulatory submissions.
- Ability to decipher financial transactions and pinpoint potential money laundering or terrorist financing risks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with adeptness in collaborating cross-functionally and articulating intricate concepts clearly and succinctly.
- Strong leadership capabilities, encompassing the ability to mentor and guide junior colleagues and spearhead initiatives aimed at enhancing the efficacy of the Financial crime framework.
- Sound judgement and decision-making aptitude, coupled with adeptness in prioritising tasks and managing concurrent deadlines in a dynamic environment.
Who you are
We embrace our differences, but have some key common values. It’s important to us that you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated, and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- empathetic, and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
What do you get for all your hard work?
- Company bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday with an extra day off on your birthday
- Office first with up to a day a week working from home
- Generous company benefits to include pension and life assurance and an annual allowance to spend on medical insurance, health cash plan, denplan, gym memberships
- Enhanced policies that are family and pet friendly, to include company sick pay and peternity leave
- Great career development in a fast paced environment
- Regular company socials (post covid, although we've got quite good at virtual ones too!)
- Volunteer days as part of our CSR program
- More great perks to include weekly snacks, tuckshop, cycle to work, help to save and much more!
The typical interview process
- Phone call with our Talent Manager – 20 mins
- Video interview with Hiring Manager – 30 mins
- Case Study to give you a taster of the role – 35 mins
- In person interview with Hiring Manager, Head of Department, Stakeholder, and / or Team – 60 mins
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team and are passionate about what we do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.