We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
About the SAP Internship Experience Program:
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP
- Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team
SAP is the global market leader for business software and thus contributes a considerable part of the world's economic power grid. At SAP you get the chance to put your ideas into action with maximum impact. The Global Technology Legal Compliance (GTLC) team in Products & Innovation (P&I) department is responsible for SAP’s 3rd party intellectual property intake such as Open Source Software. The team audits SAP’s product source code for the occurrence of any 3rd party components (commercial and Open Source) and provides guidance to product development teams whether the identified components can be used in SAP’s products. You will have the opportunity to learn and explore the knowledge for commercial third-party components. We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join our team to assist with the code scan and analysis, especially making efforts in knowledge base area.
What you'll do:
This is a hands-on position with exciting global exposure to an array of topics like scan auditing, commercial software, web services, license compliance, security, software release cycles, and production processes. We expect you to be diligent yet curious to learn. You should be able to take initiative and have experience working well in a global team environment.
- Investigate latest technology/platform and share with the team
- Keep up with the latest development of Open-Source management concept, theory, technology
- Search and evaluate emerging scanning tools to support team decision making
- Maintain knowledge documents to improve team efficiency
- Assist in writing scripts consistent with the team’s initiatives
- Collaborate with colleagues both internally and externally to get tasks done
Who you are:
We're looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or master’s degree program, major in CS or related
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and software lifecycle
- Experience in software development or quality assurance experience in Java or C/C++ or another major programming language.
- Knowledge in Basic Package manager & building tools (Maven, Gradle, npm, Bundle…)
- Interest in research tasks is a big plus
- Familiarity with open-source software is highly valued and considered a plus
- Highly self-directing, self-disciplined, and self-motivated individual with positive work attitude striving for excellence
- Fluent in English, with good verbal and written communication skills suitable for a global work environment
- Can work for minimum 3 days a week for 4 – 6 months
- Work experience not mandatory, on-the-job training will be provided
Follow @SAPiXp on Instaqram and don't miss anything about our experiences worldwide!
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 371002 | Work Area: Software-Research | Expected Travel: 0 – 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.