We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP’s global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP
- Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team
This role is part of the Global Technology Legal Compliance team, whose broad mandate is to support SAP developers with the rapid intake of non-SAP software, while ensuring compliance to corporate policy and standards.
The Software Quality Analyst intern position uniquely provides development enablement services which support engineering teams with decision making, obligations fulfillment, and ongoing management of open source. This position requires working collaboratively with a global unit of compliance professionals and across teams such as development, product management, and legal.
It is the perfect opportunity for candidates with the acumen and mindset of a software quality professional – you have a high attention to detail, you ask questions, you can collect and analyze data, you are good at reporting, and you can identify and manage risks. The roll will also allow you to exercise specific technical skills – e,g, building open source software from code, reviewing security and encryption implementations, hands-on work with package managed programming such as Node.js – while giving you exposure to a wide range of the most current and relevant technologies. In many applications, open source comprises more than 50% of the underlying application – our software quality analysts grow to become experts in open source software principles: an end-user level view of relevant trends, technologies, and best practices in open source software will become one of your principle competencies.
If you possess an investigative mindset, would never compromise on software quality, and are interested in working towards becoming a domain expert in the area of open source selection, compliance, risks, and best practices, then you will thrive in our fast-paced environment. All necessary training will be provided to qualified candidates.
What you’ll do
- Position Title: SAP iXp Intern – Global Technology Legal Compliance
- Position Location: Vancouver, BC
- Anticipated Start Date and End Date: September 06, 2022 – April 28, 2023
In this role, you’ll
- Conduct research into open source software: this includes substantive investigations into all areas of open source components: licensing, security vulnerabilities, vibrancy and adoption rates of open source projects, etc.
- Administer and utilize static analysis tools to help assess and triage risk: you will become a super-user of some of the industry’s leading open source management tools: Black Duck, WhiteSource, NexB, FOSSology, SW360, ClearlyDefined, etc.
- Execute end-to-end “download to build to deploy” of open source software: you will acquire (or have) the skills necessary to build open source software from source. This includes software of any/all programming languages commonly used today: GO, Swift, Java, etc.
- Help developers understand and manage the hierarchical dependencies (both direct and transitive) of open source.
- Communicate directly with other analysts and developers to:
- Understand use cases within the context of SAP solutions
- Support fulfillment of open source obligations and manage any relevant issues that may arise.
- Help the team to develop and integrate microservices to supplement statistical analysis and curate development metadata
- Help drive our own internal implementations of machine-learning and other methods to scale and increase open source metadata quality
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or other technical discipline or equivalent education or experience
- Excellent adaptability to software test or quality tools and environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Conceptual understanding of software pipeline tools and systems: Git, Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and lifecycles
- Have a genuine interest in expanding their career and experience into the areas of open source intake management, use, and best practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented, with high quality standards
Follow @SAPiXp on Instagram and don’t miss anything about our experiences worldwide!
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 348005 | Work Area: Legal | Expected Travel: 0 – 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.